Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody interested in Genealogy?

Platinum Member
    I was able to push one line of my family to Isaac Newton's parents (he had no children). Once I did that? Flippin' Scots royalty. I want to make a claim to the throne. But I'd have to knock off my three older brothers first. ;)

Originally Posted by jimthzz
    I was able to push one line of my family to Isaac Newton's parents (he had no children). Once I did that? Flippin' Scots royalty. I want to make a claim to the throne. But I'd have to knock off my three older brothers first. ;)
    Love this!

My goal for now is to trace back my Portuguese ancestry I've gotten as far as late 1500s but so far, no connections in Europe just yet... I did find interesting characters and relation to famous people in the independence war from Spain in 1810... yay, but when, if, I get further than the 1500's , that will be the day I celebrate

Originally Posted by Capricorn3
    I've never done anything before but do find it very interesting. My husband has a massive family tree, going way back to 1461. They have a large collection of life-size family portraits, including dates like 1547, 1563, 1582 etc etc all with titles (if titles were still recognised, my husband would be "Baron" lol). They also have a Coat of Arms and all male members of the family wear a ring with the coat of arms. All the family heirlooms are now in the possession of my husband's eldest brother, and when he dies, it goes to his eldest son and so on. His history goes on forever and once anyone asks him about it, oh boy, brace yourself, because you'll sit for the next 8 hours listening and still not be done, lol. Oh, and none of this was traced on computer.

My own family, I often think it would be interesting to dig a little deeper but somehow I never get around to it, lol.

ETA: My hubby has just corrected me: they traced back to the early 1200's - not 1461. Ooops. I got that date from one of the portraits.
    Fantastic!

It's possible my lineage is a combo of neanderthals and homo sapiens, not that sure, though. 🙊🧔😟

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    It's possible my lineage is a combo of neanderthals and homo sapiens, not that sure, though. 🙊🧔😟
    That totally made my day!! lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice