Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Is he into me?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    6

    Is he into me?

    Iím a 30 year old gay guy and thereís a guy at my workplace who I find very attractive. Heís honestly just the cutest. Letís call him Mike. Mike just joined our department and is about 20, so heís pretty young. I havenít had a chance to talk to him, since we donít work on the same team.

    Iím a very visual guy so I tend to look at things I like lol. I see Mike around the office a lot and I make eye contact with him and he looks back.

    There are times where weíre holding eye contact for 2-3 seconds at a time, and other times I see him and heís consciously avoiding eye contact with me. When this happens I leave him alone and avoid eye contact as well. Then Iíd be passing him again but ignoring him and Iíll look up to see him looking into my eyes again.

    I heard he has a gf so I donít wanna cross a line. But I do see Iím holding his gaze with me whenever weíre close to each other. It honestly gives me butterflies and makes my heart race.

    I donít stare at him all the time btwó Iím not creepy. But does he like me or should I just leave it alone?
    Last edited by Misfit21; 04-08-2019 at 03:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Platinum Member LC8328's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,046
    Gender
    Female
    Well...really all you have to go on is that you two lock eyes sometimes. He can't really be "into" you yet as he doesn't really know you. He certainly can find you attractive, and maybe he does.

    If he does have a GF though, it could only get messy from here. I don't think it would hurt to say hello and engage in chit-chat -providing you can keep your new friendship platonic. Seriously because the fact that he's taken and is also your co-worker could cause some problems you don't need. I believe that you aren't creepy. lol! But yeah I would just leave it alone. So, he's something cute to look at while you're at work. I'd leave well enough alone. jmo :)

  3. #3
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    13,200
    Gender
    Female
    I heard he has a gf so I donít wanna cross a line.
    If you don't want to "cross a line" why on earth are you even asking this question:
    does he like me or should I just leave it alone?
    Uhm... even if he does like you, clearly you should leave it alone because he has a g/f. 0.o

  4. #4
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,755
    Leave it alone. He has a gf. Cruise on someone outside of the office and that you know is gay. This is so inappropriate.

  5.  

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    6
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Leave it alone. He has a gf. Cruise on someone outside of the office and that you know is gay. This is so inappropriate.
    First off, Iím not cruising. Cruising means looking for sex in public places and that absolutely NOT what Iím doing.

    I did say that I leave him along if he stops looking. So itís never like heís minding his business and Iím staring from across the room. Not sure why you think itís inappropriate either.

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    6
    Originally Posted by LC8328
    Well...really all you have to go on is that you two lock eyes sometimes. He can't really be "into" you yet as he doesn't really know you. He certainly can find you attractive, and maybe he does.

    If he does have a GF though, it could only get messy from here. I don't think it would hurt to say hello and engage in chit-chat -providing you can keep your new friendship platonic. Seriously because the fact that he's taken and is also your co-worker could cause some problems you don't need. I believe that you aren't creepy. lol! But yeah I would just leave it alone. So, he's something cute to look at while you're at work. I'd leave well enough alone. jmo :)
    Thanks for your response. Yeah, Iím gonna leave it alone. Probably wonít chit chat with him since I like him too much and it wonít help my situation hahah. Plus, if he has a gf Iíd hate to make a fool of myself

  8. #7
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,755
    Originally Posted by Misfit21
    First off, Iím not cruising. I did say that I leave him along if he stops looking. So itís never like heís minding his business and Iím staring from across the room. Not sure why you think itís inappropriate either.
    You asked if he was into you. You continue to stare at him to see if he is interested. He has a gf.

    You are trying to flip this, as I called you on your actions.

  9. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    6
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    You asked if he was into you. You continue to stare at him to see if he is interested. He has a gf.

    You are trying to flip this, as I called you on your actions.
    I came here for advice, not to be attacked by you. I continue to start at him because he continues to stare at me! Or did you miss that part when you were forming your own interpretation of our interaction?

  10. #9
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    507
    He's probably just trying to figure out why you are staring him down.

    1. He has a gf.

    2. Don't date coworkers.

  11. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    6
    Originally Posted by Nickel Speed
    He's probably just trying to figure out why you are staring him down.

    1. He has a gf.

    2. Don't date coworkers.
    So Iím sitting at my desk minding my own business and I look up to catch him staring at me as he walks by... but heís just trying to figure out why Iím staring? Doesnít make sense.

    Thank being said Iíll just get it out of my mind going forward- that seems to be the general consensus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •