Little sister.

Ciara2015

Hi guys/girls, I'm new here so here is a bit about me before I go into my main point of this topic :).

I am a 16yr old girl from Scotland that is now the guardian to my little 7yr old sister due to the fact that our parents passed away when she was only 4 (they were in a nasty car crash which luckily me and sis were not in the car at the time). I am still at school so do find it hard to concentrate on my school work and revision and being the main person that looks after my sister but the school are very supportive.

Anyway, my main point of the topic is getting my sister to zip her jacket. I always get her to look out the window when she wakes up so that she knows what the weather is like that day so, if its unpleasant outside, I say to her "so, what do you think you will need to wear for the walk to school?", she always says "my jacket on and put the hood up", so I then hug her then say "good girl" then give her a kiss (we get on so well).

When she is he ready, I always praise her for remembering to wear her jacket and put the hood up which she loves hearing. However, once the jacket is on and the hood is up, she goes towards the door so I have to say "wait a minute darling, I'm getting ready so, remember, its not nice weather so do up your zip" but she hesitates until I'm ready then says "you do it". The problem I have is, she can do it herself so why is she getting me to do it, am I missing something?

I am a 16yr old girl from Scotland that is now the guardian to my little 7yr old sister due to the fact that our parents passed away when she was only 4

Sorry, not sure if I am understanding this correctly, but you have been "guardian" to your little sister since you were 13 years old?? How does that work? Can you clarify and give more background info please?

No mustlovedogs, I was just going to go into that :).

At the moment, we are living with our auntie and uncle but they work 8am until 4pm hence why I am taking her to school and picking her up after school.

I am currently in a relationship with a 20yr old so I am waiting for him to buy a house to rent so that I can move in with him.

Hope that clears up any confusion :).

That's the problem though Seraphim, she can do it herself but wants me to do it.

So you just don’t do it. If she gets wet she does. She will learn quick enough to do up her own . She’s just playing you like a fiddle. If she gets wet oh well it’s called natural consequence . She won’t expire from getting a little rain on her.

Archived