Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Little sister.

Who appointed you to be her guardian? As far as I know that has to be ordered through the courts.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    Who appointed you to be her guardian? As far as I know that has to be ordered by the court.
    Exactly. When you move out on your own it is up to the court not you whether you take her or not .

If your aunt and uncle are the official guardians appointed by court (I doubt you, a minor, are the official guardian), you can't just pick up your sister to live with you and your boyfriend. She has to live with your aunt and uncle and them as official guardians have to figure out how to take care of her and taking her to school and picking her up. Also, if you want to live with your boyfriend, I'd wait until you're at least 18 (I doubt your aunt and uncle who are also your official guardians would let you move in with an adult before you turn 18) and get a job so you can support yourself and don't live dependent on your boyfriend. Also, supposing that the courts let you become the official guardian when you become an adult, you and your boyfriend would have to gain enough income to support her. It's not that simple as just moving into his house with her and that's it.

Focus on school and your future and don't move in with anyone before you're a financially independent adult. As to your sister be firm her. If she doesn't zip up the jacket, let her suffer the consequences (cold and rain) by herself and she'll learn.

Why are you making such a big deal over a jacket zip? It's a kid thing. They don't like to do them up but they will learn eventually when they don't like getting too cold. Chill and let her get on with things in her own way. Now, as for the rest of your unrealistic claims, you are still classed a minor at your age so you wouldn't be made a legal guardian and any court would place you with someone who would be there to take care of you regularly. As for your 'boyfriend', no protecting adult and guardian would ever let a minor get involved with a adult. It's 100% illegal (regardless of not having done anything physical). He could get arrested if found out.

I 100% call BS on this post.

Ok, learn not to sweat the small stuff, overprotect or create a power struggle. If she gets cold, she'll zip up. No worries. The bigger issue is being in high school and waiting around for this 20 y/o guy to buy a house and move in with him. Since your aunt and uncle have supervision and legal/financial responsibilities for your sister, hopefully they will continue to raise her in an appropriate environment and overrule any ideas about taking her with you to live with your bf.
    Originally Posted by Ciara2015
    At the moment, we are living with our auntie and uncle but they work 8am until 4pm hence why I am taking her to school and picking her up after school.

I am currently in a relationship with a 20yr old so I am waiting for him to buy a house to rent so that I can move in with him.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Ok, learn not to sweat the small stuff, overprotect or create a power struggle. If she gets cold, she'll zip up. No worries. The bigger issue is being in high school and waiting around for this 20 y/o guy to buy a house and move in with him. Since your aunt and uncle have supervision and legal/financial responsibilities for your sister, hopefully they will continue to raise her in an appropriate environment and overrule any ideas about taking her with you to live with your bf.
    This bf is an adult, she is a minor. It is highly illegal.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    The age of consent in the UK is 16. Doesn’t mean she should be with a 20 year old but it is not illegal in Scotland. Country makes a difference.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    We are being played.

So, your bf is a pedophile and your relatives are cool with this?
    I agree that we are being played.

Platinum Member
    If it's a matter of safety -meaning zipped so she doesn't sit in a wet uniform all day -then do it and explain to her it's for safety reasons. And positively reinforce when she does things for herself. Yes, I do far too much for my son - work in progress on my part! - but in safety situations like applying sunscreen or avoiding being soaked if possible, then yes I would do it, while explaining. Or you can send her a change of clothing and make her do it -so then she has to change into her dry uniform.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    The age of consent in the UK is 16. Doesn’t mean she should be with a 20 year old but it is not illegal in Scotland. Country makes a difference.
    She was 14/15 when they started dating.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice