Is she just being polite?

Hutchypro

We broke up two months ago. It was gradual and I think she started losing interest. It was mutual break but I still love her. I asked to try again soon after and she said at the moment, no.

I was in no contact for a month until I broke it because of another reason (sort out a few bills)We chatted (by text) for a while and I tested the water to see what she was thinking if I asked to maybe give us another go. I told her I miss the times we had and I still care for her.

she replied and said I don't no know if we can. She apologised. I said that is okay. She then said, I just don't know.

I replied that I understand and I'll leave her alone. She replied saying, she just can't give me an answer right now.

I said that's fine and left her be.

She hasn't replied since.

What does she mean by this? Is it a polite version of no?

I think it is a polite no.

Do not reach out again. She has your number. Also, do not agree to be friends. You should only be in contact if she wants to reconcile.

After reading your other thread, you would need couples therapy to work on issues, if there is any reconciling.

As you can see, no contact is not a magic wand. Nothing much generally changes in 30 days. It's usually a sign that a person is far too wishy washy for a real relationship if they jump on reversing a breakup in such a short time frame.

She made her decision and doesn't regret it. That doesn't mean you can't heal and find someone more suited to you, though. It sucks getting over someone you love, but you can do it.

I tested the water to see what she was thinking if I asked to maybe give us another go. I told her I miss the times we had and I still care for her.

she replied and said I don't no know if we can. She apologised. I said that is okay. She then said, I just don't know.

I replied that I understand and I'll leave her alone. She replied saying, she just can't give me an answer right now.

I said that's fine and left her be.

She hasn't replied since.

What does she mean by this? Is it a polite version of no?

Yes, that's what it is.

Her non-answer backed up by silence is your answer. There is no interest on her end at this point, my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know why I'm posting really.

But been over two weeks now, she still has ignored my message deliberately after saying she can't give an answer right now. I'm pleased with myself I haven't reached out. Tempting at atimes but I know it will get me know where

• 2 weeks later...

Archived