Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My friend wants to be friends with benefits??

Platinum Member
    You know his history . Do you want to settle for being his fwb?

Since you know this guy doesn't do relationships and he's into one-night stands, you know his track record. He's seeing whether or not you'll be just another notch on his belt. Don't be his cheap one-stand. A kiss means nothing if he'll treat you like a tramp. He'll just use you and discard you like yesterday's trash.

Tell him the truth about your wanting just a friendship with him and that's it. If he's receptive to your idea of maintaining just friendship between you two, then swell and if not then then go your separate ways. It's time to say, "Adios."

One lazy afternoon day a turtle was swimming happily along a lake. As the turtle was nearing land he heard a scorpion hail it from the muddy shore. A scorpion, being a very poor swimmer, asked the turtle if he would carry him on his back across the lake. The turtle thought it was the craziest thing he ever heard, “Why would I carry you on my back?” he boomed, ‘You’ll sting me while I’m swimming and I’ll drown.”
    “My dear turtle friend,” laughed the scorpion, “if I were to sting you, you would drown and I would go down with you and drown as well. Now where is the logic in that?”
    The turtle pondered this for a moment, and eventually saw the logic in the scorpion’s statement. “You’re right!” said the turtle with a smile. “Hop on!” So the scorpion climbed aboard and the turtle paddled his big fins in the water. Halfway across the lake the scorpion gave the turtle a big sting, and he started to drown. As they both sank into the water the turtle turned to the scorpion with a tear in his eye. “My dear scorpion friend, why did you sting me? Now we are both going to drown…” the turtle was gasping for air. “Where is the… logic in that?”
    “It has nothing to do with logic” the scorpion sadly replied, “it’s just my nature.”

- Guess what will happen when you play with a player? He's told you he does not want a relationship. You brain is saying "stop", but your heart is saying, "go, go go!". Only fools rush in. Your brain is right. Your heart is a liar.

You get what you accept. You can not change people, you can only make choices that are appropriate and acceptable to you. Stop hanging out with him and start investing your time and energy into meeting guys who "do relationships" either on campus or dating apps, etc.

Also read the book "he's just not that into you" It will explain that when his dream girl comes along he will suddenly "do relationships" and this line basically means "you're good enough to pump and dump, but not much else". Start reading between the lines. And the book.
    Originally Posted by RDash
    I like him more than a friend and I would love to date him, BUT. He doesn't do relationships.

I don't want to be another one-night stand!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice