LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He said "I love you" after almost 2 weeks

He said "I love you" after almost 2 weeks

Hello, everyone! I am my boyfriend's first girlfriend and he told me he loves me after almost 2 tweeks and I'm really freaked out! Isn't it too soon? What should I do? I mean I want to take things slow as I had gotten out of a five year relationship (my first one) about 10 months ago, but he is everything that I said I wanted in my next boyfriend and I don't want to pass up something really great.
    Last edited by 260419; 04-05-2019 at 06:35 PM.

How old is she?

He's 18 years-old

Yeah, I would say it's too soon. Just tell him how you feel. The honeymoon excitement often gets confused with love.

He's 18 and you got out of a 5 year relationship almost a year ago? How old were, 12?

Originally Posted by 260419
    as I had gotten out of a five year relationship (my first one) about 10 months ago, but he is everything that I said I wanted in my next boyfriend and I don't want to pass up something really great.
    Dating him only 2 weeks and already he is "everything you want in a boyfriend"?

Originally Posted by 260419
    He's 18 years-old
    Sorry I read that wrong.

Honestly, don't freak out. He probably really likes you and thinks what he is feeling is love. Don't crush him either for saying it. Just be honest and tell him you want to take things slow.

We were really good friends before this whole 'dating' thing

So under different circumstances I’d say red flag but youre both super young and this is his first relationship so it sounds like she exploring all these new feelings and expieriences, mainly I wouldn’t throw the baby out with the bath water because you’re on that moving too quickly train right along with him, look at your verbiage, how could you know he’s ‘everything you’re looking for’ after 2 weeks? Plus 10 months out of a 5 year relationship would be considered by many not enough time especially if you’re also 18 which would have made you 13 when your other relationship started?

No judgement, all I’m saying is you can’t really point fingers so enjoy your relationship for what it is and see where it goes cause you both are making some faux pas moves here.

2 weeks is moving fast. Take it slow and see how you feel after 2 months, at least! Establish a great friendship first and take it from there. Get to know his personality and true character before professing any love. Be a good read of character first and foremost because character is the only thing that matters and the only thing that endures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice