Help my ex likes me?!?!?

So my ex amd i have been well i guess you could call it on amd off. We dated a while ago but thatsvnot important. About a week ago he left me. And just a few days ago is when i finally stopped thinking of him and was ready to move on. Well his friend(lets call her riley) texted me. Riley asked if she could talk to me. Ofc i said Yeah. Then riley told me that my ex had been saying that he thinks he made a mistake and misses me. (This was my first love ofc) and i said oh well okay. Riley then proceeded to ask if i cared or not. And i said ofc i care about him and what not. Well then i said that he would have to text me about everything. But its been almost a day since then and still no text. What do i do?? (And this is all ive been thinking about)

A day? That's all? We're you expecting him to text you immediately? It's a bit childish that he got his friend to talk to you lol. He made his bed. You've started moving on so don't let him pull you back.
Well i mean if he watches my stuff all the time then you would thinl if he wanted to talk he would of then. But thank you for the advice!

Yeah, saying it's not important that your relationship is on and off means that you expect it to be off again. Forget about this guy and his mind games with his friends. Someone who actually cares about you will be direct and not disappear.

You both called it off and on. Regardless of why, I agree that this relationship is too volatile and some bridges are left burnt. Do not rebuild. I'm sure you still feel for him in some way or another. That's normal while you're putting your life back together.

The problem now is that you seem to have set yourself up and invited conversation where you shouldn't have with your ex. If he contacts you, be honest with him about where you stand and explain you weren't feeling right and the information Riley gave you put you on the spot and apologize for flip flopping. Also, in future please let your friends know not to meddle if they can help it and you can tell your exes in a break up that you would appreciate some civility and privacy. Anything mentioned to you in person will be given consideration. Anything mentioned outside of that will just tarnish your memories of them or what you shared. Emphasize good faith next time in your relationships and don't put up with second hand information or third party nonsense.

How old are you? It's very immature to send his friend to talk to you instead of talking himself. Also, why do you want him to text you his feelings? These things should be talked in person and not through texts. But I wouldn't expect anything and try to move on. And next time if Riley or someone else comes to talk to you about your relationship with him, answer that it's personal and not something you want to discuss with other people. If he wants to talk to you then he should do it himself and directly. If not that's just too childish and "high school drama".

Yeah, saying it's not important that your relationship is on and off means that you expect it to be off again. Forget about this guy and his mind games with his friends. Someone who actually cares about you will be direct and not disappear.
Thank you this actually help alot
You both called it off and on. Regardless of why, I agree that this relationship is too volatile and some bridges are left burnt. Do not rebuild. I'm sure you still feel for him in some way or another. That's normal while you're putting your life back together.

The problem now is that you seem to have set yourself up and invited conversation where you shouldn't have with your ex. If he contacts you, be honest with him about where you stand and explain you weren't feeling right and the information Riley gave you put you on the spot and apologize for flip flopping. Also, in future please let your friends know not to meddle if they can help it and you can tell your exes in a break up that you would appreciate some civility and privacy. Anything mentioned to you in person will be given consideration. Anything mentioned outside of that will just tarnish your memories of them or what you shared. Emphasize good faith next time in your relationships and don't put up with second hand information or third party nonsense.

Thank youuu
How old are you? It's very immature to send his friend to talk to you instead of talking himself. Also, why do you want him to text you his feelings? These things should be talked in person and not through texts. But I wouldn't expect anything and try to move on. And next time if Riley or someone else comes to talk to you about your relationship with him, answer that it's personal and not something you want to discuss with other people. If he wants to talk to you then he should do it himself and directly. If not that's just too childish and "high school drama".
Thank you!i will take this into consideration

I'm laughing, let's make sure I got this straight: he broke up with you a week ago, and just a few days ago you were ready to move on?

If anyone ever cared about you at all, of course they would still have feelings for you a week after breakup. If they didn't, I would suspect they never cared at any point. No one just gets over someone in less than a week unless they were getting over the relationship while they were in it.

On and off relationships eventually stay at off.

How long are you willing to to play this?

And when are YOU going to decide it’s off?

Or are you happy to go with the on off until HE decides it’s off permanently?

Why are you even entertaining him and his friends?

Archived