Why would an ex who can’t stand you continue to let you use his Netflix?

charis32

Why would someone who dislikes you enough to block you from ever contacting him again on everything still allow you to use his Netflix/crave tv. He knows he gave it to me as we used to watch it together at my place before he dumped me and he can tell I’m watching it based on shows viewed. Why wouldn’t he change his password or log me off?

He probably forgot or doesn't care that you use it. You're really fishing for ways to stay hooked on a guy who, as you put it, "dislikes you enough to block you on everything". I understand you're in pain, but you need to stop searching for signs he still cares when he doesn't and actually focus on moving forward.

I’m just frustrated. Most days I am accepting that it’s toxic or he’s not the guy I thought he was but then I get moments like this where I start ruminating. I think your right maybe not watching his Netflix will help me move on bc it is a reminder of him.

Yes, please log off his account and start subscribing for your own. Dependency -1, Charis 1.

You do not need him or his Netflix or his gmail or his amex or visa or his keys or any strands of his hair laying around or any of his passwords of any kind. Time to throw out the old and usher in more of the new. Life is new again. Start living fully on your own terms. You're free! Also, to heck about what he thinks about you.

You need your own Netflix, OP.

You're apparently still hanging on to that connection, hoping it means something. I imagine you're getting breadcrumbs of hope every time you try to use it and realize he hasn't yet changed the password.

But look where that's gotten you. It is meaningless and keeping you stuck.

Why would someone who dislikes you enough to block you from ever contacting him again on everything still allow you to use his Netflix/crave tv. He knows he gave it to me as we used to watch it together at my place before he dumped me and he can tell I’m watching it based on shows viewed. Why wouldn’t he change his password or log me off?

Why are you clinging to something so insignificant? This means nothing. He doesn't care. Maybe start being respectful and stop using it. You're only using at as a link to him anyway.

Slightly different but my ex re-added herself a new profile on my account months after we split. I saw it, logged out and changed password so she couldnt do it again. Now i did this because i want nothing at all to do with her so what this means for him i'm not sure, some kind of ego thing perhaps? I would just get your own subscription, it's cheap and you sever anmother tie to him!

It makes him feel better knowing that hes giving you this little thing for free? Who knows. The only certainty here is you are clinging onto this tiny insignificant thing and all it takes to end all this nonsense is that you get your own Netflix account.

Why would it help his ego knowing I’m watching my shows on his service?

Just because a relationship doesn't work out doesn't mean one just stops caring for the person. Say he was on drugs, that would suck and he wouldn't be worth a relationship but it's not like you could turn off being in love. So on the one hand you'd hope that things work out and you still care, but at the same time you know this will not lead to a good relationship.

It's like what icecream says in the freezer "Why did she buy and eat me so happily and now she's not taking me out anymore." And I tell icecream that she loves you but you're not good for her. She becomes someone she doesn't like when she's with you but she still loves you.

Why would it help his ego knowing I’m watching my shows on his service?

Because just like you find hope in the fact that he hasn’t blocked you on Netflix, it could be a power move that you’re still hanging around especially if he broke up with you and blocked you because you were trying to reconcile.

I’m still under the impression he just doesn’t notice.

I don’t find hope I just don’t understand why someone would not bother changing their password and kicking me out if they disliked me so much.how is it hanging around to use a free service to watch the shows you like. I almost feel like I deserve free tv for a few months after everything....

OP, it's time to grow up a little.

Rather than pouting about deserving free TV, be the adult here and get your own account. Make the decision for yourself to cut ties. It sounds like it was an unhealthy relationship, and you're simply prolonging your own misery and justifying your choice to cling to false hope.

Wondering why he hasn't changed his password yet is the least of your problems here.

Archived