I failed and I'm going bankrupt

Title says it all. I've gotten an education. I found a way to live on my own while going to university. I had a lot of friends, the possibility for a career in call centers but I was stubborn and lazy and I wanted things to go my way all the time. My way ... all the time.

Now I'm in so much debt, my CC debt has been sold to a third party collection agency. I don't have a job and I can't pay anything back now. I have to file for bankruptcy and I don't know what to do or where to turn. In the next 3 months, my lease will be due ... I'm going to be out on the street ... with nothing.

Given the reality I'm facing right now, I'm looking for work where I can find it. I'm even applying to cafes, retail or anyone that would hire. I guess I'm well beyond being stubborn enough to be picky anymore.

I just contacted my trustee. I'm going to get an appointment date soon.

Given the reality I'm facing right now, I'm looking for work where I can find it. I'm even applying to cafes, retail or anyone that would hire. I guess I'm well beyond being stubborn enough to be picky anymore.

I just contacted my trustee. I'm going to get an appointment date soon.

There is nothing wrong with cafes, retail or anywhere else that will hire. What matters is that you're doing something you feel is worthwhile and there's a goal or goals. My husband is a chef. I am an accountant. I worked at a restaurant(once) and in retail for many years to support myself while going to school. You can still use your soft skills. I hope the appointment goes well. Every province in Canada has a minimum amount of living expenses and furniture you are allowed to keep despite filing for bankruptcy. You will not be out on the street. Look at the laws where you are: usually a bankruptcy and insolvency act, discuss these with your trustee. Believe in yourself, work things through slowly but surely. You'll get there.

Archived