Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girl i was seeing goes travelling

You did the right thing. Her words are empty, merely platitudes to keep the sweet guy (you) happy and at her beck and call for when she returns. She's out there having fun while you are patiently waiting for her to come back. I can surmise that she is asking you if you have slept with anyone else so she doesn't feel so guilty but can guarantee she is relieved you have not as you provide the ego boost she needs.
    Someone who is genuinely in love would not, under any circumstances, place themselves in a position to lose someone/something they value.
    Sorry Izac1789, she does not care for you in the same way.
    Hopefully you will be able to move on quickly as this will continue to eat away at your self-esteem and you deserve someone who would cherish what you have to give.

When she left you both agreed to stay single! (first few lines of your first post, OP)
    I think your expectations were a tad unrealistic and I'm sorry you weren't too realistic about what 'staying single' means. I don't feel like you're in the right head space because the message here was clear as day. If this isn't the right time for you to be dating, stay out of the dating pool. Focus on you and enjoy your life in different ways.

It's going to be hard if not impossible to start a relationship with somebody who leaves before it even gets off the ground (I don't care what the reason she left is). The key words are, SHE LEFT YOU. Sorry. time to find a new woman to date.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    When she left you both agreed to stay single! (first few lines of your first post, OP)
    I think your expectations were a tad unrealistic and I'm sorry you weren't too realistic about what 'staying single' means. I don't feel like you're in the right head space because the message here was clear as day. If this isn't the right time for you to be dating, stay out of the dating pool. Focus on you and enjoy your life in different ways.
    I agree we said that, I have no anger or resent towards what she has done/doing, it is her choice and i told her that. I wrote this thread more with asking if i have made the correct decision in cutting off regular contact or not. I didnt expect daily contact when she left but more every now and again to catch up, which would have worked better

Originally Posted by Izac1789
    I agree we said that, I have no anger or resent towards what she has done/doing, it is her choice and i told her that. I wrote this thread more with asking if i have made the correct decision in cutting off regular contact or not. I didnt expect daily contact when she left but more every now and again to catch up, which would have worked better
    Nah, keep your distance. There's awkward all over this. Plus she opened her legs x number of times faster than you can say umbrella. She's clearly not in the same head space as you. Given how much thought you've already put into this, you're both just not on the same wavelength, dude. Let her go for good. There are shinier, cooler fish in the sea!

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Nah, keep your distance. There's awkward all over this. Plus she opened her legs x number of times faster than you can say umbrella. She's clearly not in the same head space as you. Given how much thought you've already put into this, you're both just not on the same wavelength, dude. Let her go for good. There are shinier, cooler fish in the sea!
    I agree we are not in the same head space. Thanks for your advice mate (y)

Originally Posted by Izac1789
    I agree we are not in the same head space. Thanks for your advice mate (y)
    Welcome! Time to enjoy life now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice