Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 33 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My sore brain.....migraine journal

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared

My sore brain.....migraine journal

I guess the premis is to track the number of days that I do have migraines, symptoms and severity and a search to find things that bring relief.

Day one.

I woke this morning with one. Once again always left sided. The left side of my head and face are numb. The sinus on my left side is in agony as well as my jaw and nose and under my eye. I am pretty unmotivated as a result even when I have a ton of stuff to do. I guess on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the worst, the pain is about 7 so I can still deal with it. My neck and back muscles are also killing me. Only on my left side mind you.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    7pm it is gone now. 14 hours duration.

Platinum Member
    Did you ever consider/ get checked out if you might be suffering from cluster headaches rather than migraines, I was just thinking about it because of the one sidedness and the the pain in your sinus and around your eye?

Originally Posted by penelope13
    Did you ever consider/ get checked out if you might be suffering from cluster headaches rather than migraines, I was just thinking about it because of the one sidedness and the the pain in your sinus and around your eye?
    I have looked at that Penelope. I only have some of the features, but I more closely resemble migraines as I have the nausea and aversions to noise and light. ALso the time factors are different. My headaches last a min of 14 hours usually, sometimes up to 9 days. I do not have any significant breaks in the headaches of a few months or a few years. I have been pretty consistant since I was 25. On average I get about 10 a month or more. I have had CT scans that have found nothing wrong with the formation of my brain. I have yet to have an MRI though. It is worth looking into though. If you have anymore info on migraines etc that would be great. My mother has had them since she was 3 and my son has them too.

Are you or have you used a beta blocker before? When I went to the doctor last month after my most recent round of migraines, he prescribed Atentenol (sp) and Vic, I haven't had one migraine! It's amazing, I really feel like a different person.

I have not tried that, no. Metro. My mom tried them and they did not do much. I am not sure I want to try that though. I want to try to be drug free as possible.

Dec 21

Second migraine since recording...start time about 4pm. I think it is a response to the total relief of a month of worry. It happens sometimes when I am relieved. Severely sensitive to sound and so tired I can barely stay awake. Severe pain in my neck and feel sick to my stomach. Mental confusion. Pain in my face. Pains in my ear. Changes in personality. Easily angered.

How's your blood pressure? Does it happen more when it's high or low?

Originally Posted by waveseer
    How's your blood pressure? Does it happen more when it's high or low?
    It goes high after the attack starts. Usually mine is lower end of normal...110/70.....when I have an attack it is 140/90. I think that is my body's reaction to severe pain though.

Originally Posted by Victoria66
    It goes high after the attack starts. Usually mine is lower end of normal...110/70.....when I have an attack it is 140/90. I think that is my body's reaction to severe pain though.
    How about when it's over? Does your blood pressure return to normal levels?

Page 1 of 33 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice