Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: My bf broke up with me over this...

  1. #11
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,477
    Gender
    Female
    OK, first of all, I do actually think that your personal trainer is sleazy and creepy. He is definitely old enough to be your Dad AND he's married AND he knows you're in a relationship.

    He should not even be really following you on social media in the first place because he should have some professional boundaries and not get so familiar with his clients. Especially as there's such a large age gap! Even if he was to pretend to be your friend, as if a 50-year-old would be hanging out with a 19-year-old! His own kids are probably your age or even older than you.

    Calling you "babygirl" is too familiar and inappropriate and he is liking all your pictures and messaging you. I think that is not innocent, he is cracking on to you/flirting with you. I think in this case your boyfriend does have a right to be jealous. You need to have much better boundaries where you don't allow other guys to call you pet names and message you.

    However, I think your boyfriend also does sound very controlling and like his jealousy is very over-the-top. Your behaviour was not good either but there are always going to be sleazy guys around flirting and I think he really needs to learn to control his temper better. Telling you to completely quit the gym and checking your phone is not OK. He should have had a conversation with you about it before breaking up. Although he already did let you know that he was not OK with your personal trainer (because he's sleazy let's be honest). But you continued to interact with the trainer on social media and that is disrespectful.

    Do you actually like to get attention from a creepy man your Dad's age? What is the reason you continued talking to the trainer?

  2. #12
    Platinum Member Clio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,455
    Gender
    Female
    You seriously need to grow a backbone and break up with your boyfriend. He is too controlling and based on your previous post, he also wants you to be his maid. You say you don't want to end up like your mother yet you are allowing people to treat you that way.

    Your relationship is toxic and you contribute to that by playing along. Him going through your phone and monitoring your FB should be a deal breakers. It has signs of future domestic abuse all over it. So is him trying to condition you into becoming his maid. You are guilty for having no boundaries and enabling all that crap.

    You are also guilty for not putting the sleazy 50 year old in his place for calling you babygirl in public and in private. When people are behaving inappropriately to you you need to ask them to stop and if they don't, you need to stop engaging them/ cut them out of your life. That's what boundaries are. Your passivity is going to get you in a lot of dysfunctional situations if you carry on being that way.

    Break up with your d-bag boyfriend. Ask the 50 year old creep to stop calling you babygirl and stop talking to him+remove him fro FB if he keeps doing it. Stop being passive-aggressive. Stop allowing men to treat you like a subordinate/child in personal relationships whether it's romantic or friends. Stop enabling creeps. If you can't do it on your own, seek professional counseling.

  3. #13
    Originally Posted by Clio
    You seriously need to grow a backbone and break up with your boyfriend. He is too controlling and based on your previous post, he also wants you to be his maid. You say you don't want to end up like your mother yet you are allowing people to treat you that way.

    Your relationship is toxic and you contribute to that by playing along. Him going through your phone and monitoring your FB should be a deal breakers. It has signs of future domestic abuse all over it. So is him trying to condition you into becoming his maid. You are guilty for having no boundaries and enabling all that crap.

    You are also guilty for not putting the sleazy 50 year old in his place for calling you babygirl in public and in private. When people are behaving inappropriately to you you need to ask them to stop and if they don't, you need to stop engaging them/ cut them out of your life. That's what boundaries are. Your passivity is going to get you in a lot of dysfunctional situations if you carry on being that way.

    Break up with your d-bag boyfriend. Ask the 50 year old creep to stop calling you babygirl and stop talking to him+remove him fro FB if he keeps doing it. Stop being passive-aggressive. Stop allowing men to treat you like a subordinate/child in personal relationships whether it's romantic or friends. Stop enabling creeps. If you can't do it on your own, seek professional counseling.
    Iíve already talked to the trainer he apologized and says it wonít happen again. As far as my bf Iíve given it a second chance because I love him a lot. For me to be done with someone means theyíve disappointed me to the max and Iíve lost all hope. That hasnít happened... but we both changed passcodes of our phones and we wonít be snooping anymore. I always try to put myself in his shoes when we argue but I will not allow him to make me feel subordinated again.

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8,745
    You're young and inherently just learning about relationships and the world.

    Your trainer was completely out of order here. The correct move would be to block him on social media and find a trainer who is professional and mature; this one isn't. He isn't respecting appropriate boundaries, and he knows you're too young to really see just how inappropriate he really is.

    Your boyfriend ins't wrong to be upset that you are not doing a better job enforcing boundaries with this older weirdo, but his thread combined with your other one indicates that the power dynamic between you two is unhealthy and the relationship probably won't last. Again, you are likely going to find this out on your own time after giving him too many chances.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,325
    Gender
    Female
    I know people who talk like that. I think your trainer is just flirtatious and thinks he's being encouraging of his trainees (there's no teeth to his bite). I highly doubt he thinks anything of you beyond something like a child or daughter.

    At the same time, he also doesn't seem to be very bright or cognizant of the fact that his dad-like over-enthusiasm may come across as inappropriate or ridiculously annoying by a younger generation. I both feel sorry for the trainer and you and your boyfriend, OP. What a silly mess.

    Due to your overworked boyfriend, it's probably for the best that you change trainers. I think this has escalated to the point where this will continue to aggravate your boyfriend and it will be difficult to reverse the issues in trust for as long as this trainer is there. These are longstanding issues that were created and it won't disappear overnight. Let's be realistic here even though no one wants to admit it. Your boyfriend isn't going to miraculously think that the trainer stopped. His mind will keep going back to that time and I don't think it's quite fair to call this unreasonable. The damage has been done!

    Grow up, move on, what's the point of a trainer anyway. Seems a bit senseless pouring money into someone else when you can just as well get the job done on your own with dedication and research. Surely you've been sufficiently trained now that you can manage working out on your own. Graduate to other sports or routines and move on.

  7. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,315
    I feel sorry for the bf.
    I donít believe he is that controlling , I believe he feels disrespected.
    And he was by his gf.

    The trainer can call whoever he likes baby girl , who cares in this thread that he disrespects his wife by calling young girls that? He is not here so no point in discussing his issues.


    The OP is very naive and has not placed boundaries which is all the bf has asked for.
    He asked her to deal with it. He didnít approach the trainer and nor should he, that WOULD be controlling.
    He is simply asking her to respect him and their relationship.

    The OP naively states that the trainer is 50 , married and has kids. And because of that thinks her bf shouldnít worry.
    He and all of us know that that doesnít make him respectful or unwilling to cheat with a naive 19 yr old.

    He is now not her trainer and the only connection is on social media.
    Why is he still on there? There is no need.

    OP sorry, but you need to get a bit wiser, understand how you allowing a creepy sleaze to continue to be so can affect how your bf feels.

    Start by respecting yourself and then you can start respecting your bf.

  8. #17
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    33,260
    Gender
    Male
    Unfortunately your bf is an abusive control freak. Never "put yourself in his shoes". You need to read up on abusive relationships and signs of controlling relationships. Educate your self on the red flags of teen dating violence. Google this right now.

    In the meantime, tell trusted adult family, friends, teachers, coaches, etc about the abusive and controlling behaviors. Expose him. Jealousy is not cute nor a sign that he cares. It's about possessive and controlling behavior.

    You need to end it asap and change all your account passwords as well as delete and block him from all messaging apps and social media. This is a lesson in controlling abusive guys so learn and leave now.
    Originally Posted by Sunnynights
    Iíve already talked to the trainer he apologized and says it wonít happen again. As far as my bf Iíve given it a second chance because I love him a lot. For me to be done with someone means theyíve disappointed me to the max and Iíve lost all hope. That hasnít happened... but we both changed passcodes of our phones and we wonít be snooping anymore. I always try to put myself in his shoes when we argue but I will not allow him to make me feel subordinated again.

  9. #18
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    33,260
    Gender
    Male
    Agree. This creep has already brainwashed you. Tell your parents what is going on. Do you come from an abusive or alcoholic home? How does any of this creep's behavior not raise red flags? Is there someone intelligent and objective you could confide in about all this? Make an appt with a therapist and discuss what's going on and discuss what healthy relationships look like.
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    This is the same creep that wants you to play the maid. Get rid of this idiot!

  10. #19
    Platinum Member Annia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,841
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Sunnynights
    Iím not I shouldíve been more honest and told him my trainer kept calling me that but I was avoiding the argument. I take blame on that part.
    No, you should've shut down the trainer's advances and baby girl thing. If not by directly telling him to stop because you have a boyfriend, then by blocking. But you don't need to tell your boyfriend, just enforce your boundaries. But your boyfriend is controlling anyway, so it's for the better the break up.

  11. #20
    Platinum Member Annia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,841
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    This is the same creep that wants you to play the maid. Get rid of this idiot!
    What??? I didn't read about that. He makes her be his maid at his place? If so then he's really a walking red flag.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •