Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My bf broke up with me over this...

My bf broke up with me over this...

I used to have a trainer at the gym I go to. He trained me and two other young girls together. Trainer is 50 married with kids, I’m 19, and my boyfriend is 25. Eventually I had to quit the training because it would cause TONS of fights with my boyfriend and I. Trainer was always respectful, and he even got along with him. But he was jealous and didn’t like it that it caused more attention towards me. So I quit for him. Fast forward every time I post a story on Instagram my trainer likes to comment on it. Whatever it is a quote, a picture of me or of what I’m eating he says things like “nice quads babygirl” or “wise words babygirl”. My bf goes through my phone sees this and gets very angry about it. He says next time he calls you “babygirl” you better tell him something. Fast forward he calls me that again through DM. I don’t respond I completely ignore. My bf goes through my phone later that night and sees it. My boyfriend claims I’m not trustworthy, and I don’t respect myself or him. So he breaks up with me for a day. We’re back together now but it’s not the same.... I feel like he gave up on me and didn’t bother fighting for me. I’ve lost the love I had because he took the easy way out.

Was it wrong of him to leave me?

Was it wrong of me not telling him my trainer kept calling me that through message?

My bf broke up with me over this...

Relationships are optional. He can leave if he decides your taste in coffee mugs is a deal breaker. Any reason is a good reason.

But.

Getting called baby girl is over the line. Getting DMs calming you that is over the line.

ETA:

I HATE when women want men to “fight for them”

When did YOU fight for him?! You let another man give you inappropriate attention - where’s the fight from YOU for your relationship?

Your boyfriend is controlling and shouldn't be going through your phone to control you or decide who you can or not train with, and your trainer is inappropriate with his "baby girl" remarks through private message. Your boyfriend seems too controlling though, and that's a red flag. I don't see a good future in this.

What is it you want here? You seem to like the drama that comes with your boyfriend being a controlling d bag.

Look, young through your phone and getting mad that you had a personal trainer is controlling and awful. That alone is enough to break up.

But you seem to want to foster his jealousy in order to create some kind of fabricated white knight scenario but to what end?

I would walk away. There is nothing healthy about this relationship

Ah, you had that post the other day.

Well yeah. I wouldn’t want to stay with a guy like this.

But I still hold you’re not entirely innocent here.

Bronze Member
    Your boyfriend is too jealous and controlling.

On a separate note, it's weird your former personal trainer who is married has been privately messaging you with "baby girl."

Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    Ah, you had that post the other day.

Well yeah. I wouldn’t want to stay with a guy like this.

But I still hold you’re not entirely innocent here.
    I’m not I should’ve been more honest and told him my trainer kept calling me that but I was avoiding the argument. I take blame on that part.

Originally Posted by Sunnynights
    I’m not I should’ve been more honest and told him my trainer kept calling me that but I was avoiding the argument. I take blame on that part.
    No,

You don’t tell the boyfriend that’s happening.

You establish boundaries and tell your trainer not to do it.

Platinum Member
    Why are you allowing your bf to go through your phone? The bf is controlling. He should also not dictate who you get trained by.

Your trainer should not be calling you "Baby girl." It is not appropriate.

There are not boundaries with either of these people.

What else does your bf control?

Platinum Member
    This is the same creep that wants you to play the maid. Get rid of this idiot!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice