LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: He said he needs some space

He said he needs some space

I've been in a relationship with a combat veteran for almost 2 months. He was diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar depression long before I met him and it affects him badly. About a month ago, he had to be admired into military hospital for a couple of days because it got so bad.
    Our relationship is primarily long-distance. I love him and he says he loves me every day. There are also actions to back it up.
    Anyway, a couple of days ago, he said he needed to take some time away from our relationship and social media for a short time (didn't give a specific time) after which he disabled all his social media. I respected his request and have been giving him space ever since.
    It hurts but I think it's for the best. My biggest worry is if he'll come back to me.
    Should I be worried?
    Any further insight into this will greatly help.

You've posted twice. I commented on the other :)

Originally Posted by RayofLighten
    You've posted twice. I commented on the other :)
    I'm sorry, I've posted in a few groups. I'm new so I'm not sure where I might get a response lol

I won't do that in the future

Have you met in person? He needs medical/psychiatric care, not a relationship.
    Originally Posted by GracePeace
    I've been in a relationship with a combat veteran for almost 2 months. He was diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar depression long before I met him and it affects him badly. About a month ago, he had to be admired into military hospital for a couple of days because it got so bad.
    Our relationship is primarily long-distance.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    He's been getting treatment for about 2 years. And he's consistently taking meds for it.

Also, we're scheduled to meet in June and then he'll move closer to where I live.

Have you met in person? How often have t you seen each other? He is not ready willing or able to give you the relationship you want, let him be. Find local guys who are in the position to have relationships. Respect his decisions.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by GracePeace
    He's been getting treatment for about 2 years. And he's consistently taking meds for it.
    Being bipolar is life long treatment. ( my dad is bipolar) Depending on the severity and the length of time hes had PTSD it could also be life long treatment and or affecting your life. ( I have had PTSD for almost 40 years )

Have you met in person? How often have t you seen each other? He is not ready willing or able to give you the relationship you want, let him be. Find local guys who are in the position to have relationships. Respect his decisions.
    Thank you for your advice.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Being bipolar is life long treatment. ( my dad is bipolar) Depending on the severity and the length of time hes had PTSD it could also be life long treatment and or affecting your life. ( I have had PTSD for almost 40 years )
    I understand that. I'm also bipolar and getting treatment too.
    So what's your take on it since you have firsthand experience with having pstd? Should I just walk away from him?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice