Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: He said he needs some space

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Age
    24
    Posts
    17

    He said he needs some space

    I've been in a relationship with a combat veteran for almost 2 months. He was diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar depression long before I met him and it affects him badly. About a month ago, he had to be admired into military hospital for a couple of days because it got so bad.
    Our relationship is primarily long-distance. I love him and he says he loves me every day. There are also actions to back it up.
    Anyway, a couple of days ago, he said he needed to take some time away from our relationship and social media for a short time (didn't give a specific time) after which he disabled all his social media. I respected his request and have been giving him space ever since.
    It hurts but I think it's for the best. My biggest worry is if he'll come back to me.
    Should I be worried?
    Any further insight into this will greatly help.

  2. #2
    You've posted twice. I commented on the other :)

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Age
    24
    Posts
    17
    Originally Posted by RayofLighten
    You've posted twice. I commented on the other :)
    I'm sorry, I've posted in a few groups. I'm new so I'm not sure where I might get a response lol

    I won't do that in the future

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    32,345
    Gender
    Male
    Have you met in person? He needs medical/psychiatric care, not a relationship.
    Originally Posted by GracePeace
    I've been in a relationship with a combat veteran for almost 2 months. He was diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar depression long before I met him and it affects him badly. About a month ago, he had to be admired into military hospital for a couple of days because it got so bad.
    Our relationship is primarily long-distance.

  5.  

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Age
    24
    Posts
    17
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Have you met in person? He needs medical/psychiatric care, not a relationship.
    He's been getting treatment for about 2 years. And he's consistently taking meds for it.

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Age
    24
    Posts
    17
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Have you met in person? He needs medical/psychiatric care, not a relationship.
    Also, we're scheduled to meet in June and then he'll move closer to where I live.

  8. #7
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    32,345
    Gender
    Male
    Have you met in person? How often have t you seen each other? He is not ready willing or able to give you the relationship you want, let him be. Find local guys who are in the position to have relationships. Respect his decisions.

  9. #8
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,058
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by GracePeace
    He's been getting treatment for about 2 years. And he's consistently taking meds for it.
    Being bipolar is life long treatment. ( my dad is bipolar) Depending on the severity and the length of time hes had PTSD it could also be life long treatment and or affecting your life. ( I have had PTSD for almost 40 years )

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Age
    24
    Posts
    17
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Have you met in person? How often have t you seen each other? He is not ready willing or able to give you the relationship you want, let him be. Find local guys who are in the position to have relationships. Respect his decisions.
    Thank you for your advice.

  11. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Age
    24
    Posts
    17
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Being bipolar is life long treatment. ( my dad is bipolar) Depending on the severity and the length of time hes had PTSD it could also be life long treatment and or affecting your life. ( I have had PTSD for almost 40 years )
    I understand that. I'm also bipolar and getting treatment too.
    So what's your take on it since you have firsthand experience with having pstd? Should I just walk away from him?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •