I'm a girl, I like my close friend who's also a girl. What should I do

whiptail

I like this girl from my school. We first met from our previous department, and now we both transferred to another department, so we’re naturally closer to each other than the rest of the group where we transferred to. Since last year I started to have feelings of attraction for her, but I just don’t know what to do with it, or whether it was something to think about. Besides, I was still in a hetero relationship then. I enjoy the atmosphere so much when she’s around. Then just this year we were on this trip with our group of friends, something came up so we were split, and the two of us got to spend almost a week together, alone, in a foreign place. This is when my feelings intensified for her and I realized my feelings for her were real. It was overwhelming! Now I don’t know what to do. We also spend a lot of time together, we’re working on the same project, we also want to spend time alone, together, even after work hours and just hang out and talk about stuff. We find ourselves laughing for the most part, and I really feel amazing when I’m with her. Now I don’t know whether I want to find out how she also feels because I’m scared in case she never even thought of that. I’m very conflicted. Every single day we spend together just drives me crazy. I love staring at her from afar and it’s bizarre how I get to process these emotions and realize how I’m capable of liking her like that.

Archived