He makes me so sad

savannagrace

One day, we could be best friends and the next he ignores me for a week! I know they say girls send mixed signals but seriously.. I am much younger than most of you on this website and some of you might think this isn't going to last, but he makes me so happy when we DO talk. He is currently ignoring me right now, I know he sees that I message him because it says he has seen my snapchat story but he never replies? I dont know what to do I tried moving on from him but im ALWAYS thinking about him so its kind of hard :upset: ADVICE????

This guy is not interested. Plain and simple. Maybe when he's in the mood for some attention, maybe considers some making out or hooking up, you are an option, but he's really not interested in you.

There is no easy solution. You have to resolve yourself to the fact that he is just not that into you. Buy the book. Read it. Read it again. Put your thoughts and his behaviors into perspective.

You will have to learn to cope with the experience of loss; that void when you would normally text or possibly chat when he's in the mood. You have to stop. Take the HINT, girl! No more texting, snapchatting, or anything. Hide him from your newsfeed. Learn to accept the absence. Since you see him at school (?), this will be more difficult, but you just have to think in your head, he's just a friend...an acquaintance, even. Don't be a drama queen, just say "hi" if appropriate, chat when appropriate, and ignore him the rest of the time. Focus on other things. Don't be a drama queen and pull the blatant ignore, be a grownup. Simply acknowledge his existence and be pleasant on an as-needed basis.

Find a new secret crush that won't be an obsessive fixation, pay attention to other guys that are flirty with you, land yourself a date, find a hobby, do the dishes, take the dog for a walk.

I don't know if there has been any romance, kissing, dating, sex...it sounds like you are friendzoned, and not even that great a friend...maybe just a Netflix and Chill situation...move on. Don't give up the goodies when you get ignored for days. The answer to that is NO.

Baby steps. The first step is realizing this relationship is not going to happen and accept it. He's just not that into you. Believe me, if he was, he'd want to make sure no one had a chance to snatch you up, and he would not leave you dangling for days.

Forget him. He shouldn't be ignoring you like that. This is a sign that he doesn't care about you, only maybe when he gets things that benefit him (like sex). He's not interested in anything else. Block him and move on. How old are you? Are you in your teens? This is just infatuation.

He’s just not that into you OP... you are hanging on to a fantasy and using him for validation, just as he is using you for validation and to relieve his boredom.

Unless this is the type of relationship you are looking for you may want to consider letting this one go.

One day, we could be best friends and the next he ignores me for a week! I know they say girls send mixed signals but seriously.. I am much younger than most of you on this website and some of you might think this isn't going to last, but he makes me so happy when we DO talk. He is currently ignoring me right now, I know he sees that I message him because it says he has seen my snapchat story but he never replies? I dont know what to do I tried moving on from him but im ALWAYS thinking about him so its kind of hard :upset: ADVICE????

I advise you to get yourself off of all social media for awhile, to stop contacting him and to accept that you are wasting your time on being "so happy" when he graces you with crumbs of attention.

You need to rehab from him and going cold turkey withdrawl from the addiction of finally getting some validation when he talks to you.

Hon... Love yourself enough to know when someone values you and when they don't so that you can quickly get rid of half-timers and move on in your search for a good guy who shows you in his actions that hes as into you as you are in him.

Girl if this an LDR internet thing, he's talkin to other girls or seeing a girl during the times he ghosts on you. Stop using him like a drug. There needs to be other things in your life to make you happy, but if not, you better go find something where you can make real friends you can actually hang out with.

Honey, take this from me... Don't let a guy have to tell you he doesnt want to talk to you. Dont let a guy decide when you're worth his time.

Find someone who wants to talk to you, who makes time for you and who values your own time and effort. That's for every form of relationship! Friend. Boyfriend. Husband. Sister. Cousin.

Make time for people who make time for you.

You mentioned being younger and the only advice I'd give you is this: When you surround yourself with a bunch of people that don't make time for you, choose when they want to deal with you, ignore you... that's how you eventually feel like you're supposed to be treated and you get used to it.

That's not normal.

Anyone who wants to talk to you will man up and respond to you.

There are any number of reasons... he may like you genuinely as a person but just not in the way you want. If you're looking for romance, this is definitely not the way two people should treat each other if the feelings are mutual. I hope you feel better soon.

Archived