He said he likes me but he’s distant

Tree567

This guy told me he liked me but after that he’s suddenly distant. I never told him I liked him back as I thought he might be trying to use me, since then we haven’t spoken apart from when I try messaging him and he takes hours to reply or it’s just short replies. He got offended when I accused him of trying to use me. He ignored my last message because I didn’t believe him when he said it.

Well, it's obvious that when he told you that he liked you and you didn't respond likewise, naturally, he lost interest. Then to add insult to injury, you accused him of trying to use you without giving him a chance. Of course, he was offended and grew distant. No surprise there. You didn't believe him when he told you he liked you and you presumed and accused him of trying to use you. It's no wonder he wants to move on. Don't message him anymore. Don't bother him.

Don't accuse anybody of anything unless they've actually wronged you, treated you unfairly, disrespected you, behaved immorally and lacked integrity. Get to know people better before you call them out on their behavior. Or, if you don't like them, enforce healthy boundaries with them or exit the relationship, friendship, etc.

I'm sorry, but bed made. You made a pretty strong accusation. What in the world would he be using you for? Have you ever apologized for your harsh words? That's the only place you can start. Maybe in time he'll be willing to take a chance, but you'll need to move slowly and don't expect him to change his mind. At this point he might have decided you're too much drama, and he really doesn't want or need that. It would be wise to get to know someone first before making such accusations, and even then, sorry, but harsh words cannot be unheard, and they can be very damaging. Be more mindful of what you say and how you say it. You've probably lost him. Start working through acceptance.

You made him feel like crap. Your awful attitude and behavior towards him is what made him distant. Seriously, why did you treat him so bad? I'd let the poor guy go so he can find a girl who will actually appreciate it when he tells her he likes her, and not be treated like crap and being accused of using her. What is wrong with you? That is nasty.

I didn’t actually accuse him of using me, hes known for using girls in the past, I’ve known him for years. I just said I don’t want to get used. I initiated conversation with him again and I was asking him how does he know that he likes me he said he feels it and I replied with “ofcourse you do” and he ignored it. I don’t really see what’s wrong with that, that was his time to prove it/convince me, I would if I liked someone. I guess he doesn’t really like me enough.

I didn’t actually accuse him of using me, hes known for using girls in the past, I’ve known him for years. I just said I don’t want to get used. I initiated conversation with him again and I was asking him how does he know that he likes me he said he feels it and I replied with “ofcourse you do” and he ignored it. I don’t really see what’s wrong with that, that was his time to prove it/convince me, I would if I liked someone. I guess he doesn’t really like me enough.

I wouldn't want to associate with someone who came to me with such a negative attitude and wanted me to "prove" myself in that way. Too much work/too negative/life's too short.

You've made it clear that you don't believe him. Your "of course you do" is condescending. You are making it clear to him that he's going to have to jump through hoops to convince you he likes you, then likely play defense the duration of the relationship. He likes you. He isn't proposing marriage. If you are this defensive about the possibility of a first date with him, maybe you should just let him know you value the friendship too much to risk it on the chance of a relationship you don't think you would feel secure in.

Archived