Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ADHD & Marriage

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is ok. It is a different neurology. Some coping advice on how to deal with a neurotypical world would tell you.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    It is ok. It is a different neurology. Some coping advice on how to deal with a neurotypical world would tell you.
    Yes, exactly. OP i think of my brain as an entity with certain preferences in terms how it thinks and what makes it happy. And we - me and my brain - work as a team. When it screams ROAD TRIP I know to counter it... its a bad / over simplified example but getting a medical diagnosis and continuing with a psychiatrist perhaps is incredibly helpful. Analogous, perhaps, to learning how your muscles work and how to make use of a gym, track, and athletics fields.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Sorry, tell was supposed to say help. My husband has learned a lot of strategies to curb his impulses and lack of attention. And treating both our mental health issues saved our marriage. Over time too we tolerate differences better.

Gold Member
    I don't have anything to lose by going. I've just got to make the time now. Middle of the divorce, plus another medical issue that I am dealing with. I'm missing too much work.

One day at a time. Things will be ok.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice