Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fell in love with my manager... help

I really appreciate everyoneís replies and have read them all carefully. Truthfully, many of them hurt to read but thatís okay because sometimes we need to hear these things being said! I was previously in an abusive relationship and did not have a good upbringing with my father. I think the care my manager showed me was so shocking and different to me I allowed myself to interpret it as love. This caused me to overstep boundaries having feelings for a married man which is wrong. I just came out of an NYU Stern degree, which I tirelessly worked towards and need to refocus on my career which Iíve been developing since I was 16. Iíve recently started therapy as I hope to move on from this experience and fix my deep issues with men.

Again thank you all for your replies, I read them all over and over and they helped me come to a lot of very important life lessons. Blessings to you all

Originally Posted by alyssamar
    I really appreciate everyoneís replies and have read them all carefully. Truthfully, many of them hurt to read but thatís okay because sometimes we need to hear these things being said! I was previously in an abusive relationship and did not have a good upbringing with my father. I think the care my manager showed me was so shocking and different to me I allowed myself to interpret it as love. This caused me to overstep boundaries having feelings for a married man which is wrong. I just came out of an NYU Stern degree, which I tirelessly worked towards and need to refocus on my career which Iíve been developing since I was 16. Iíve recently started therapy as I hope to move on from this experience and fix my deep issues with men.

Again thank you all for your replies, I read them all over and over and they helped me come to a lot of very important life lessons. Blessings to you all
    Good for you for obtaining your degree and working on being the best you that you can be with the help of your therapist. You're going to be okay because you can see the forest for the trees and you realise where you went astray.

Kudos!

Platinum Member
    That boundary should be that you do NOT allow married or otherwise taken men to be so intimate with you. You shut down guys who are crossing their own romantic relationship boundaries so that you don't allow yourself to become vulnerable to married men. When you listen to their so called marital problems it makes you seem that you are important to them which leads you to thinking you have feelings for them and they you.
    This ^^^. If you find yourself in this situation again - and you probably will! - just tell them that they ought to be talking to their wives/girlfriends about this, not you. And tell them that it makes you feel very uncomfortable as it's none of your business.

Unfortunately, when you're young and trusting, this kind of fake intimacy can be very seductive, and if you fall for it then you're likely to experience this heartache again and again.

I had a similar situation. We should compare lol.

Ahhaha agreed !

7. 07-07-2019, 09:32 PM

Reason
    Spam/troll

8. 07-07-2019, 09:46 PM
    Reason
    Refers to deleted post.

Two important lessons here that I have also had to learn over and over and OVER 1) boundaries!!!! And 2) any time you date someone that you work with, you sh*t where you eat and risk having an uncomfortable (to put it lightly) situation. First and foremost, however, BOUNDARIES!!! They are everything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice