Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: WARNING -- Yoga Pose Led to a Stroke!

  1. #11
    Gold Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    892
    Gender
    Female
    Love yoga. I agree with everyone's general idea above about not overextending and managing your limitations. From what I'm understanding about yoga it's a state of mind too(self-awareness and mindfulness). I don't think being cocky helps. Sorry.

  2. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8,674
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Love yoga. I agree with everyone's general idea above about not overextending and managing your limitations. From what I'm understanding about yoga it's a state of mind too(self-awareness and mindfulness). I don't think being cocky helps. Sorry.
    No being cocky doesn't help! I've since learned.

    I was the same years ago skiing. Thought I was a real hotshot. LOL.

    Fell bad, nearly broke my leg!

    Thank you j.man for the info!

  3. #13
    Gold Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    892
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    No being cocky doesn't help! I've since learned.

    I was the same years ago skiing. Thought I was a real hotshot. LOL.

    Fell bad, nearly broke my leg!

    Thank you j.man for the info!
    Don't feel bad. I've done the same sea kayaking. Nearly broke my neck in half but no surgery needed. Just a large dose of T3s and some physio.

  4. #14
    Platinum Member maew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,223
    So many people I talk to think yoga is the safest exercise there is... and yet I have heard many stories of people overextending muscles in their back, neck and injuring their knees doing yoga, especially hot yoga.

    I often get lectured on the dangers of CrossFit, however the reality is that any form of exercise can be dangerous if we take it to the extreme!

    It's important to listen to our bodies no matter what we are doing, even if it's just walking uphill.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,076
    Gender
    Female
    I have always said no to yoga. Glad I have .

  7. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23,311
    Gender
    Female
    This isn't new. I remember 10-15 years ago warnings about downward dog and brain anerysms. Not that they cause them - you are born with them, but they can burst if stress is put on the blood vessels.

  8. #17
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8,674
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    This isn't new. I remember 10-15 years ago warnings about downward dog and brain anerysms. Not that they cause them - you are born with them, but they can burst if stress is put on the blood vessels.
    That's how my dad died. Minor fall and next thing we know he's dead from a brain aneurysm.

    RIP dad. Xoxo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •