Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My tinder date is high school friends with this guy I dated last year.

Platinum Member

My tinder date is high school friends with this guy I dated last year.

I joined tinder last week and have met 3 guys irl so far. All of them want second dates but during one of my convos, I found out that this one guy went to the same high school as this guy I had 6 dates with, last year around Sept and Oct. In the end I was the one that pulled back and we stopped talking.

I just saw on his fb they're pretty good friends.

Uh.

Should I proceed?

Yes you should.

You had 6 dates with a guy a year ago. Not yesterday, not the previous week. One year ago, and with whom you have nothing today.

So it happened that you got attracted to another each happens to be that other guy’s (good) friend. So what? You didn’t aim for it, did you?

If I were you I would proceed and once the whole situation gets known to both of them, I would let them decide the outcome of the situation which depends on the foundation of their friendship.

If you feel that you are getting between two friends, do not proceed.

Platinum Member
    It's been alittle over half a year lol. Not a year. Does that change things at all?

So 6 months ago. So they were friends, so what? Why does this matter? Cutting ties over that is a bit extreme. What exactly are you worried about? Did anything sketchy happen with the 6 dates guy?

Platinum Member
    It matters cos it'll be awkward. Isn't there some sorta code in place?

Nah I don't sleep with guys that soon.

Platinum Member
    No, no, no... the «don’t date your friend’s ex» rule is about making sure that you don’t step on anyone’s toes and hidden residual feelings.

After 6 dates and no sex - AND 6 months later - there are no residual feelings.

Maybe it will be awkward for about a day, but I hardly think you were one of his «great loves».

You are in the clear.

Originally Posted by Honeycomb8
    It matters cos it'll be awkward. Isn't there some sorta code in place?

Nah I don't sleep with guys that soon.
    Why will it be awkward? You haven't had any long term love affairs with either of them. It was just a couple of dates. Hardly counts.

I don't see how this could be awkward in the least—at least not for longer than 10 seconds.

Don't know how big a town you live in, but I spent a few years living in a pretty small city where the dating pool in my age group was pretty tiny. As a result you'd end up on dates and quickly discover that they slept with a friend of yours, or your theirs, or whatever. Not awkward, just adulthood.

Platinum Member
    They might not have been *good* friends. I would just see what this guy is about. I would go out with him. If you met him through the first guy, then that's different.

Platinum Member
    They're pretty good friends. The other guy kept commenting on his profile pics, literally one comment was that he cropped him out of the profile shot and this tinder guy literally has a pic of the other guy ( and another friend) as one of the statuses that is
    public. Maybe not super close friend but def good friends once upon a time. You don't post public statuses of ppl you're just acquaintances with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice