I don’t know what to do.

Ayitsme222

A couple of days ago I got super wasted. Well before I got wasted I asked a old friend of mine if he could get me some drinks. But then my friends got some drinks instead soI forgot I even asked him. Hours passed and by then I could barely talk and walk. He texted me again and asked if I was in town. Then he said he wanted to see me. So me being drunk said okay and he came and picked me up. He drove to Walmart parking lot. I was crying drunk in his passenger seat and he hugged me. After he hugged me he grabbed my face and starting making out with me. Things escalated and next thing you know I was on top of him having sex I was so drunk I didn’t even put my shoes on the right feet. I got off of him and told him to take me back and then I started crying again. I couldn’t believe it happened and I don’t know. If he was sober he should have stopped me? Or was I in the wrong? Now I’m depressed because I wish it never happened.

A decent guy would not have taken you a freakin' WalMart parking lot to have sex when you're clearly drunk out of your mind, no. He is no friend, make no mistake.

But I have many questions - why did you ask him to bring you drinks to begin with? Why were you crying beforehand? How well do you actually know this man?

You were both in the wrong. He should have stopped you and you shouldn't have got super wasted in the first place. He is indeed not a friend. However, it sounds like you are unhappy with your life in general. Getting super wasted and acting recklessly indicates that there is some deeper unhappiness working on the background. Imo, you need to address whatever made you turn to alcohol and had you crying in the first place. If available, do seek professional counseling.

What you're feeling is shame for getting yourself into such a state. What's done is done. No he shouldn't have taken advantage of your drunken state, but you shouldn't have gotten yourself into such a reckless state to begin with. Allot of it is on you for consenting to it because you knew what you were doing. There is nothing you can do about it now, but learn from your mistake. In a way, you were lucky it was him and not some stranger that could've killed you in that state.

Take the day after pill, ru486. You could be pregnant.

It seems as if you gave the impression that you knew what you were doing, despite how drunk you were.

What to do now? Forgive yourself, stop drinking because alcohol is a depressant and so it makes you feel worse, and find a counselor at school or your doctor who can help you deal with your depression.

Agreed that this guy is not your friend. There is no love or respect in taking someone THAT drunk, who is clearly in an emotional state, to a parking lot to have sex with them.

Technically, legally, if you were drunk to the point that your shoes were on the wrong feet, you cannot consent in this state. Even if you are the one to initiate.

Frankly, I also question the «friends» you were drinking with. I would never let one of my girlfriends leave with some guy that we didn’t all know and trust.

It’s up to you whether it’s something you want to pursue legally - but I do not share the view that it was your fault. I do think that it would make sense to find a counselor of some sort to help sort out all of the feelings, etc regardless.

I’m sorry this happened :(

Red Dress, I agree with you - that he planned it and took advantage, and I agree with the concept the theory and the law.

I didn't go there because it will be hell to prove, given the active participation.

And not to derail the thread, OP, talk, raise your voice, find ways in your life to reinforce your power. Because you ARE heard and you are not anonymous. Drinking does matter.

Yes. Get yourself to a doctor asap for STD testing and emergency contraception. Also check into a rehab facility asap. If you are getting blackout drunk and engaging in very high risk behavior it's time to get help. Also agree this creep is no friend. In fact none of these friends are your friends if they buy you booze when you are already too drunk to walk, drive, think.

before I got wasted I asked a old friend of mine if he could get me some drinks. Hours passed and by then I could barely talk and walk. He drove to Walmart parking lot. next thing you know I was on top of him having sex.

Archived