Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wife may have cheated 9 months ago.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    As an infant and toddler my son looked nothing like my husband he was my exact twin .

what i would say has already been said, but please update this after the dna test. im curious

You are looking at less than $200 for the test. $15 bucks for the kit and about $150 for the lab so I would say don't wait for your tax return and scape together the money and do it today. The sooner the better.

Once you get the results you can decide what to do.

Lost

Platinum Member
    Cant change the DNA of a person so this child has a father. Question is.. Are you the father?
    I would say first thing is first. Seek counseling. This is tearing you up inside and you are coming up with plans and back up plans and back up to those back up plans and its making you go crazy. So just relax, breathe and go seek counseling.
    Then okay, arrange for a DNA test and find out the result before executing your plans.
    Then once you find out the results it really comes down to two options (regardless of the result) Do you stay in the marriage or do you leave the marriage? Marriage counseling can help you with this.
    I know you have had sleepless nights not knowing and its probably the hardest thing you have been thru. Let calm minds prevail okay. Whats done is done, don't give in to your thoughts and get results, then decide. Good luck to you

Waiting on the DNA test results now. Could be a few weeks or longer but in the meantime I will say this. If a person continuously shows that they aren't trustworthy than I won't stay with her. This is regardless of whether it's my kid or not. If he isn't my son it's proof she cheated on me again and there is no third chance after that. Otherwise she's acting fishy again lately so we'll see... Not going to put up with criticisms about being a bad parent when I'm being put in a position to choose a cheater and a liar for the child's sake. Mind you I am still hoping it's a positive test result.

Platinum Member
    In some states, the child is the child of the husband, regardless if it was his sperm or not. Any child born during the marriage is legally his.
    My little niece -- she didn't look like either of her parents in the beginning and in her babyhood, we thought she resembled one parent or the other, and as she got other she actually looked more like the parent we didn't initially think she would look like. Each set of grandparents also swore the baby looked more like their side (how is that even possible?) - I know someone i worked with who thought his wife cheated because they were both black and had a redheaded kid. When the grandfather saw the baby, he reminded the new parents that his grandmother (so the father's great-grandma) was Irish and had the reddest hair and her husband was mixed race. The baby had a DNA test and sure enough, the baby took after dear old grannie.

If the child is not yours then the real father needs to step up. If she cheated again and got pregnant I don't see you staying in any shape or form because of her past. Besides it wouldn't be a healthy environment to raise a child.

If you can't trust her how could anyone be expected to stay?

Lost

DNA results will be in tomorrow.

You don't need to stay with her regardless of the results. I'd see a lawyer if it's yours and skip her, and I'd skip the whole scene if it's not yours.

Crossing fingers for you, Eyaru.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice