My boyfriend and I were having some issues for a few weeks. I cheated on him with an ex because I thought he was sleeping with someone else. He wasn’t. I felt horrible so cut everything off with my ex. He started sleeping with another girl. I forgave him because I cheated first so I understood. The problem is he didn’t just do it once or twice. He was staying overnight at her house, and every time we fight or he suspects that I’m cheating which I’m not, he uses it as an excuse to go have sex with her. I confronted him directly and asked if he was in a relationship with her but he insists that he doesn’t know her although she informed me of their relationship as described above. Once I could understand but from what she told me he was practically her part time live in boyfriend. I feel with him constantly using our fights as an excuse to go see her, he has developed feelings for her. We ultimately got back together but I don’t know if I should stay being that he neglects knowing her, and she insists that they had a relationship. Finding out those details really hurt me. Why would he do all that stuff with her then choose me? I don’t really trust that he won’t ever contact her again. Should I continue the relationship?

Ideally as soon as cheating gets involved it's a good time to bounce. Depending on how long you have been together, (ie. 3 or 4 years) then maybe coinciding, or a long sit down and just get it all out. If someone cheated on me I might give then another chance, but I wouldn't revenge cheat. It does not sound like he knows what he really wants because if it was you he would have been broken over what you did and not angry. Just my 2 cents. Hope every th ing works out for your best.

This relationship is dead in the water.

You both did a lot of damage and don't know how to deal with problems without hurting each other terribly. The chances of you two coming back together and enjoying a happy and healthy relationship after all of this are just about nil.

In your shoes - I would end it completely, and spend time on my own reflecting on my own role in this mess. I would ask myself why I thought cheating was an appropriate reaction to feelings of suspicion of mistrust, and how I will more maturely handle myself in the next relationship.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you were the one that killed the relationship. You accused him of cheating when he wasn't, then you cheat rather than trusting him. It's not right for him to cheat too but what he is doing is out of anger and hurt from what you did. It has become his way of getting back at you. The trust has gone completely so there is no future here.

This is poison. You both need to get away from each other before you end up really hating one another.

Next time there are problems in your relationship either talk them out or leave. Do not cheat as that's what started this mess. End it now and move on.

A good question is have you told him what you did because you though he was cheating and wasn't? Also are you sure he ever even had a relationship with this woman? Chicks lie to get what they want all the time how likely is it this woman has feelings for him and know your garbage for cheating on him and treating him the way you do and just wants him for herself or maybe even just to get you to stop hurting him???

Archived