Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GF pregnant..Interesting timing (30M) (26F)

GF pregnant..Interesting timing (30M) (26F)

This past month has been a whirlwind and one I will remember for a long time.

Lost job and car in the same week.

On Thursday, My gf of 7 months said she was pregnant.

When I drove to her house (spare car parents loaned me) I was surprised how calm and collected I was. It was a happy feeling which caught me off guard. It was like my instincts kicked in. 'I have to be strong.' She was spinning; Very emotional/scared. She said she thought I'd be mad. (broke me
    inside) She indicated she was surprised how happy she was too, however. We went on a walk to talk about everything. I let her know I'm here for her. (financially/emotionally

Friday, her mood shifted. It seemed like she was leaning on having the baby. We walked through scenerios where we'd live and even talked about where the baby would go to school. Things were calm. Things were good.

Saturday, we went to a gender reveal of her sisters baby (who is my age 30). Her whole family was there.

As we were leaving the party she said her family would never be happy and do that for her in our scenerio. Her frame of mind shifted. She was bawling crying and said she didnt want to make this decision. I let her know its our decision..She said yea but its my body. I let her know I am here for her. She said she hates being emotional around me.

I said its important we dont make a decision until we see the Dr. We have an apt. this week.

I understand this has progressed our relationship quicker than we had wanted. We are having to make a life changing decision.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Donít pressure her into anything.

The interesting timing comment concerns me. Are you implying you donít believe her?

I lost my job and my car earlier this month makes the news interesting.

You avoid "interesting timing" by wearing a condom.

Platinum Member
    What happened to the car and job?

Platinum Member
    Why does she hate being emotional around you?

Platinum Member
    Has she stopped smoking weed?

You're 30 and having unprotected sex with your girlfriend? Sheesh, talk about irresponsible. To boot, it doesn't sound like your relationship is at a place where having a child would be recommended, and your girlfriend doesn't sound emotionally ready to handle the ordeal.

The best advice I can give you is to simply be supportive of her. It's her decision at the end of the day. Seriously though, you're in trouble moving forward if you think having a baby is all fun and games. Maybe help her address if this is a viable financial option for the two of you, as well as how serious you guys are about the relationship. Oh, and if she does elect to have an abortion, be aware that it sometimes has a negative psychological impact on women. Be prepared for her to, at the very least, have strong feelings associated with the choice.

Sorry this is happening. You are doing everything right and everything you can under the circumstances. Being supportive, etc. However she seems to be looking for something else. Is she hoping you propose? Why is she vacillating between "our decision" and "my body", etc?

What, exactly, did she mean by this? Is the sister married?
    Originally Posted by Yarmer
    Saturday, we went to a gender reveal of her sisters baby (who is my age 30).

As we were leaving the party she said her family would never be happy and do that for her in our scenerio.

Originally Posted by Yarmer
    I lost my job and my car earlier this month makes the news interesting.
    Why does it make it interesting? Sounds like you think she got pregnant deliberately.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice