communication

Adrianjuan

Hi i wanted some advise if anyone can help

I have been in a relationship for 1 year now, my girlfriend has two children with her ex. They split up six years ago. currently my girlfriends children are living with their dad for few months because my partner has lost her job and is unable to provide for the children.. last week my girlfriend put a picture of me and her on her instagram and whatsapp status saying she loves me and that has not gone down well with her ex as he is saying that my girlfriend is leaving her children for me which is completely false. I have always told her to put her children first which she does. now she has blocked me from whatsapp and instagram... what should i do can someone help.. we both live in different country because my work and in few month i am going to move close to her and starting my new job

I doubt this will work out in your favour, OP.

It sounds like she has a lot of unfinished emotional business with her ex. If she's blocked you from contacting her, it's almost surely because he demanded it. He is still a significant influence in her life, 6 years after they split. That should tell you what you need to know about the viability of a relationship with her.

If your job is already set in stone there, I don't suppose you have much choice but to relocate for a while. However, I wouldn't do so thinking it's going to make your relationship with her any better. Look at the drama that's happened when you're still in a whole different country. That's likely to get worse when you're actually there and in her vicinity.

true what you are saying, after they split he did not bother with the kids for the first fours years. The kids asked about seeing the father so talked to him about seeing them.. she has told me how he is as a person. As i have told her before i am not trying to take their dads place and her children always come first no matter what.

she has told me her children do not want her to have another man in their life or to be their dad, so she has told me she is putting her children first.. so we have parted ways.. as i dont want anything to come between her and her kids.. just very upset i have lost her as she was everything i want in a person. She has said she let me know once things improve and her children are happy for her to have someone in her life so i just said her children are her priority and she needs to make sure they always come first

Archived