LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I fear Iím going to get dumped today

I fear Iím going to get dumped today

A follow up to my post from a few days ago, we have been talking everyday, sheís been busy at work so not as much as we ar broth accustomed to, but weíre both good with that. We speak on the phone, but the level of passion in us has dropped. Not because I donít feel it (I canít speak for her) but because the conversation just doesnít lend itself to say how much I miss them. That sentiment comes from both sides usually.

I went over a friendís house on Friday night. Just for food, beers and football. We had too much to drink and I stayed the night. I left my dog at home. Not lightly, I researched the pros and cons, and spoke to my landlord, who is also my neighbour and a vet. The consensus from both is that itís ok based on a few points (these donít need to be broken down, but I was confident my guy could go 12 hours without me, and he was. He smashed it)

This was raised in conversation nonchalantly yesterday morning. She didnít like it, promptly ended the discussion and I didnít hear from her all day. This in Itself is out of the ordinary for us. Maybe 8 hours after the call, I just asked her whatís wrong? Her response is that me leaving my dog at home shows her a side of me she doesnít like. She didnít know I consulted a vet, or read for half an hour about it. She just reacted based on her or her friends never doing what I did.

We spoke on the phone last night and I thought it was smoothed over. It wasnít. She is still pissed at me. She sent me a message this morning saying she will call after her studies and signed of with a Ďlove you 😘 Ď text

I am dreading this feeling

Being this anxious isn't healthy.

Obviously, being afraid of being left is indicative of some deep issues that maybe have been exasperated by this relationship.

All I can say is sorry, I dont know anyway to fix your emotions.

Its quite hard to fix an emotional deficiency while in the middle of a triggering event. It would be like a recovering alcoholic having to sleep every night in a liquor store.

I appreciate your sentiment. Itís not so much the relationship ending that is increasing anxiety. Itís this one. We work so well togetehr, and have had a crappy few days. Iím a little shocked this is the potential path we are heading down. Especially when there are so so many positives in what we currently have

I sincerely doubt you actually spoke to a vet. If you did so before you got drunk, shame on you for not getting better arrangements. And if you did after you drank?... yeah, I donít buy it.

If someone was taking care of my dog and did that, Iíd be done with them too.

Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    I sincerely doubt you actually spoke to a vet. If you did so before you got drunk, shame on you for not getting better arrangements. And if you did after you drank?... yeah, I donít buy it.

If someone was taking care of my dog and did that, Iíd be done with them too.
    My next door neighbour is a veterinarian. I was out of the house 12 hours. When I go to work during the day, Iím away for 10. My dog does not have separation anxiety and he is in good health.

Platinum Member
    I would never leave a dog alone overnight. You need to become a more responsible pet parent. Plus, the poor thing sounds likes it's always alone. Why even own a pet if you are not around to care for it.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I would never leave a dog alone overnight. You need to become a more responsible pet parent. Plus, the poor thing sounds likes it's always alone. Why even own a pet if you are not around to care for it.
    Youíre making a lot of assumptions about my ability as a pet owner. He gets everything he needs from me. These details were omitted from my post because they were superfluous to my immediate issue.

Platinum Member
    You left the dog overnight, and it does not sound like you invest much time in the animal.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    You left the dog overnight, and it does not sound like you invest much time in the animal.
    Luckily Iím closer to the reality of this situation and not only reacting to what things Ďsound likeí. I know some dogs canít be left alone for periods like that. Every situation is different. I made an informed decision and am lucky enough to have a pet that allows me to do so.

Im with the OPer what the heck does the dog have to do with his issue?

Good lord...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice