What did I do wrong? Did she set me up?

Saqua

Hi all,

I am going through an arranged marriage process and we went to see a girl at their house with my family. Everything went ok but her third question was about my career which put me off a bit.

They then came to our house and I asked a load of questions and I was speaking minimally as my conversation skills arnt too great.

My family and her family then went into a room to discuss and she was standing by the dinner table on her phone. I was near her to give her company but then my brother asked her a question and she ignored it as she was on her phone. This kinda annoyed me and then I proceeded to sit down.

We then speak for two weeks, I messaged her as like I said I’m not too good at holding down a conversation. She then messaged me saying she doesn’t feel I am interested even though I was because I moved away from her at the dinner table and didn’t call her over the two weeks.

I have a feeling she set me up on purpose so I would behave in this way.

What would you think? I haven’t had any prior relationships with a girl.

Hi all,

We then speak for two weeks, I messaged her as like I said I’m not too good at holding down a conversation. She then messaged me saying she doesn’t feel I am interested even though I was because I moved away from her at the dinner table and didn’t call her over the two weeks.

So what did you respond back to her when she said that she didn't think you were interested?

I have a feeling she set me up on purpose so I would behave in this way.
There is zero indication that that is the case. It appears that she doesn't think you are interested because you haven't shown her that you are. You didn't contact her for two weeks and you've allowed your shyness to appear as non-interest.

Maybe you ought to talk to your father or an older trusted relative that can give you some advice on how to relax around a woman and how you show interest (if you are). You say you are interested but you don't show her that you are.

Archived