Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handing social situations and any other crossover after breakup...

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    I said to block her comments. One doesn't have to be a friend for you to see her comments.
    She doesn’t comment on my friends’ posts. Not a problem.

Originally Posted by Soulsister2010
    She doesn’t comment on my friends’ posts. Not a problem.
    So then, what's the problem? It sounds like you're inventing reasons to engage where it's not necessary. You don't need to unfriend anyone on FB in order to block any feeds you don't want to read, so there's no need to notify anyone of anything.

Set up your own play dates with any friend or friends you wish to see, skip any events where ex is invited for the time being, and move your focus onto creating NEW rewards and experiences for yourself, such as exploring a potential interest with any one of your other friends or alone.

Inventing complexity is a typical thing people do in order to rationalize making contact when it's obvious to everyone else that it's unnecessary. You can either get defensive about that, or you can recognize that we see this on these boards all fo the time. If you're here for the right reasons, you won't be offended when someone calls you on it. That defeats the purpose of your post.

Head high, you can do this. Find new things to DO.

Originally Posted by catfeeder
    So then, what's the problem? It sounds like you're inventing reasons to engage where it's not necessary. You don't need to unfriend anyone on FB in order to block any feeds you don't want to read, so there's no need to notify anyone of anything.

Set up your own play dates with any friend or friends you wish to see, skip any events where ex is invited for the time being, and move your focus onto creating NEW rewards and experiences for yourself, such as exploring a potential interest with any one of your other friends or alone.

Inventing complexity is a typical thing people do in order to rationalize making contact when it's obvious to everyone else that it's unnecessary. You can either get defensive about that, or you can recognize that we see this on these boards all fo the time. If you're here for the right reasons, you won't be offended when someone calls you on it. That defeats the purpose of your post.

Head high, you can do this. Find new things to DO.
    Thanks, Catfeeder. Not offended at all. Just was annoyed that they kept telling me to unfriend her when I made clear that she wasn’t my friend on FB. We are trying to set up boundaries for a clean break. Thus far it has been unsuccessful as there have been details to work out but it will happen and thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice