LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this normal?

Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    You are here complaining about how you felt.

Which can be interpreted as complaining that he had to leave.
    I was explaining how I felt because it didn't make sense to me. I feel there's a distinct difference between complaining and explaining

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    You were likely more upset than usual about this because you are still feeling stung by the events on his birthday.
    Thats totally valid but I don't think so cause I'm genuinely over it. The commenters on that post made me realize I was being kinda cruddy so I've put that behind me. Plus I've been working on regulating my emotions better like some other commenters said on that post too!

I find that objective interpretations from people on the internet can be a little more accurate *most ish* times

Originally Posted by egyptianmau
    I didn't complain, I literally told him to go home??? Where in my post does it say I complained to him? Please reread my original post
    You are complaining about every little thing on a forum

Originally Posted by RayofLighten
    You are complaining about every little thing on a forum
    I like the feed back. Helps me keep myself in line. Sorry if that's annoying to you but it is a help forum? If you find me annoying you're free to ignore me, I won't mind

Platinum Member
    Thats totally valid but I don't think so cause I'm genuinely over it. The commenters on that post made me realize I was being kinda cruddy so I've put that behind me. Plus I've been working on regulating my emotions better like some other commenters said on that post too!

I find that objective interpretations from people on the internet can be a little more accurate *most ish* times
    Yes, I get all that.

What I meant is that you were hurt about that, and given that it was only days ago, your emotions are still heightened. I believe that you do want to learn to modify your emotional reaction to his behaviour, but that doesn't mean you are not still affected by perceived rejection of you.

Wanting to be past a painful moment - no matter how much we realize the error of our ways - and actually being past a painful moment are two different things.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Yes, I get all that.

What I meant is that you were hurt about that, and given that it was only days ago, your emotions are still heightened. I believe that you do want to learn to modify your emotional reaction to his behaviour, but that doesn't mean you are not still affected by perceived rejection of you.

Wanting to be past a painful moment - no matter how much we realize the error of our ways - and actually being past a painful moment are two different things.
    Ohh, I see what you mean. Thanks for the clarification. I guess I'll just have to bide my time until I emotionally get over what happened a couple days ago

And I don't know if this will mean much, but thank you for believing that i actually want to better my behaviour, it means a lot to me!

I like the feed back. Helps me keep myself in line. Sorry if that's annoying to you but it is a help forum? If you find me annoying you're free to ignore me, I won't mind
    You mean you like the attention. You mention in another response that it 'didn't make sense to you' that he had to leave. WHAT?? Do you know how painful or irritating it can get when your contact dislodges? No? I don't find you annoying, you just come off a little bratty that's all.

9. 03-25-2019, 10:34 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice