Are my friends secretly dating?

Bobjuca

Ok,look,first of all,I'm aware I'm a jealous,sad,crazy,neurotic person,I'm treating that,it's just that I'm not in contact with my psychologist.

You see,I'm pretty good friends with a girl,I'm not exactly romantically interested in her though(although sexually attracted sometimes),and she is even bigger of a friend to a mutual friend of ours. She lives really far away from our college and he really close,so sometimes she spends time,or lunches at his place while he cleans the house. Their friendship is pretty close but in a brother-sister kind of way,with nicknames,she helps him with his love life and such(he's a bit of a womanizer) . So,today it was her birthday(at a restaurant at the side of my male friend's house,they came together, and during thr dinner itself,they sat diametrically opposite on the dinner table(She by my side and him on the opposite side), didn't speak much during the whole meal. At the end,one person asked how she would go home and she said she wouldn't go home tonight,she would "sleep at her friends house", and so eventually they went home together while saying she would still study that that night. Could they be hiding an affair?

Sidenote: She's pretty heavily christian,and this week he said his house was haunted also, both believe in ghosts.

The thing is that I liked our mutual friendship, but obviously if there were to be a relationship among it, I'd rather prefer it to be with me. They don't hold hands,they never kissed (as far as I know), they still don't hang out together as much as me and her,that's why I'm intrigued.

So what if they're seeing each other. They don't need your permission. They're not seeing anyone else so they're free to do so. Yes you are acting really sad to be making a big deal out of this. You're acting like she's your property or something. I suggest you just be happy for them because if you make a stink about it you'll end up losing them both as friends.

If you hang out with her that much and it hasn't progressed into a relationship I'd call it a day. Let them date if they want to. Meanwhile you should be focusing on your studies, your therapy (it's great that you're taking care of it) and your social life in general.

The thing is that I liked our mutual friendship, but obviously if there were to be a relationship among it, I'd rather prefer it to be with me. They don't hold hands,they never kissed (as far as I know), they still don't hang out together as much as me and her,that's why I'm intrigued.

"Obviously"?

I take my friends on their word. Either someone wants me enough to make himself known, or I make myself known to a man. If no such declaration has occurred, then nothing is "obvious" because I refuse to guess at someone else's private thoughts.

That said, they have a private life and you are not part of it, by the looks of things. Your friendship seems to have been of limited authenticity anyway, because your interests were in something different.

Let them be. Gradually rotate another friend onto your calendar. Say nothing.

Archived