Any advice on approaching a new girl at church?

BrokenGator

I went to church tonight and I noticed a new girl that looked super cute and I want to talk to her. I think I've seen her before a long time ago but I'm not sure. We made eye contact a few times during the service which I think is a good sign. Typically after service there is a social period where everyone gets together to eat, drink, and socialize. I was hoping to talk to her during this time but she left right after the service was done so I didn't get a chance to talk to her. I have no idea if she will ever come back but I want to get some input on how to approach her without being creepy or so eager. I don't want to seem like I'm attacking a fresh piece of "meat". hahaha

You won't seem creepy nor eager if you approach her as if you have friendship in mind. Establish friendship first and then see where the friendship leads you. After worship services is a good time. There are refreshments and that's the time to say, 'hello' and introduce yourself. As you get to know her better, another way to become friends is to serve in ministry together. There are so many groups to serve in. Or, weekly Bible study groups. You'll scare her off if you're in a hurry to get to know her or if you're too pushy. If you take it slow and let her know you want to be a friend, then establish friendship and a relationship from there. Go SLOW. Be a gentleman and kind. You'll be fine. Or, if you have mutual friends, be in group type settings at first and always keep friendship in mind so she'll feel safe and secure in your presence.

I went to church tonight and I noticed a new girl that looked super cute and I want to talk to her. I think I've seen her before a long time ago but I'm not sure. We made eye contact a few times during the service which I think is a good sign. Typically after service there is a social period where everyone gets together to eat, drink, and socialize. I was hoping to talk to her during this time but she left right after the service was done so I didn't get a chance to talk to her. I have no idea if she will ever come back but I want to get some input on how to approach her without being creepy or so eager. I don't want to seem like I'm attacking a fresh piece of "meat". hahaha

If she’s one for dashing away quickly afterwards, she either has somewhere to be or maybe doesn’t feel comfortable in large, unfamiliar groups. Perhaps deliberately turn up a little later than her and go and sit next to her. You can break the ice before the service starts with a friendly introduction and then it gives you a good reason to follow up the initial chat with her before she runs off at the end and you could invite her to stay and get a coffee with you?

Yes, I was very much thinking along the lines of newly.

If she is new, while of course everyone is invited to coffee afterwards, it can feel totally awkward to a new person if they are not with others and they are not sure they will have someone to talk to lol

I also think you should approach her before the service, introduce yourself, ask if she’s new, welcome her and express that you hope she will join everyone for coffee afterwards and see where it goes..,

But definitely approach as friends first. At least for the first couple of times. Once you get to know her a little, you can turn on the charm :)

If she’s one for dashing away quickly afterwards, she either has somewhere to be or maybe doesn’t feel comfortable in large, unfamiliar groups. Perhaps deliberately turn up a little later than her and go and sit next to her. You can break the ice before the service starts with a friendly introduction and then it gives you a good reason to follow up the initial chat with her before she runs off at the end and you could invite her to stay and get a coffee with you?

THIS is great advice.

Archived