A Dating Dilemma

tezza1992

So I asked a girl in work that I see for like an hour a week if even that on a date.She said yes. A few hours before on the day of the date she said she was well behind on uni work so she couldn’t go but suggested another day. Am not surprised as before I asked her out she used to tell me in conversations that she was well behind on her uni work an it was stressing her out, an when I asked her out I was fully expecting that answer as to why she couldn’t go or along the lines of. The only problem is the day she suggested am in work as I do evenings but I CAN get out of it easily with a swap. The dilemma is that when I asked her out on a Wednesday I knew I was off all day but I knew she was in work for a few hours so was surprised when she said yes. Now with speaking to friends their telling me that they reckon she knows am in work Monday so there basically telling me she’s done a day she knows am working as in her mind she thinks I can’t get out of even tho I can easily .In my head and heart I’ve fallen for this girl and want to give her the benifit of the doubt, but my friends are telling me otherwise. I just don’t know what to do 😩

Thank you very much for the advice 😁. I was always going to go out with her Monday but my mates got in my head a bit which had put me off slightly, so just needed some advice. Obviously if she ends up cancelling again I’d have to just leave it there and start looking elsewhere. But I’ll go Monday, hope she’s there an see what happens.

People have lives and responsibilities. She definitely has and hopefully you do to. She didn't decline without options, you are both trying to find a time. You're overthinking this and so are your friends, especially if you think you are to become number one priority or her every thought simply because you are interested in a date with her. Keep in mind that if you're going to border on falling apart every time she says she is overwhelmed with her own life responsibilities and doesn't have immediate time, she is not the woman for you because that is likely what will happen if moving forward with her.

Personally, I would urge not to swap shifts. If she KNOWS you're busy on the Monday and deliberately asked for that day, she's testing you. How needy are you? Would you blow off a commitment for her. The answer to this should be no. You've only just started moving into dating her so your current life comes first. Remember, she bailed on your agreed date so don't feel obliged to move things around to make things work on her suggestion even if you can.

My advice is to politely say your busy with work but suggest a new day that would work. I guarantee if she knows you're busy and you shift things around, her interest level will drop. If you suggest a different day, she will respect you more for being of stronger character. That's just me though.

Archived