i can sense myself sabotaging this

jeezrick

've officially been with my boyfriend one month but we saw each other for 5 months before that.

He's a bit older than me (36 and I'm 22). Anyway, he's always been attentive in texting, sometimes a bit too much, sometimes he will text me things and if I don't reply he'll reply who are you with? He doesn't mind double texting either! He's in constant contact.

Anyway, last night he just stopped replying to my messages - they weren't important but he always says goodnight and whatever. I could see he was online but just not replying. I got a bit pissed off, but kinda left it. He then text me at 2am like can I ring you? Obviously I didn't reply as I was asleep. He text me three times today basically trying to get me to start a conversation but I was pissed off and tired.

Eventually I replied and he said he would call me in a bit (that was 4 hours ago!).

He's not been online since and hasn't called. I rang once and it rang out but he didn't answer.

He's preparing for a big work project thing so I know it's likely that he is doing that, but I just think ... it's so weird? Especially as he was the one who wanted the constant contact.

My last boyfriend cheated on me and I'm just convinced he is doing the same. I feel so on edge and sick, I don't know what to do

Hey OP

It sounds like your boyfriend is playing mind games with you and quite frankly is a jerk. I would dump him and find someone who doesn’t act like a thirteen year old. I take it you like older guys from the age range. Find someone not so much older or if you do at least make sure they have their stuff together.

sometimes he will text me things and if I don't reply he'll reply who are you with?
That is not normal.

I suggest that if you're going to become this paranoid about a slight deviation in what is routine that YOU don't play games and you answer him when he texts you. Now.. contacting you at 2 a.m. is just inconsiderate but you not responding

He text me three times today basically trying to get me to start a conversation but I was pissed off and tired.
has you freaking out now because he's doing to you what you did to him.

You are both playing games, not just him. This will likely blow over (if you don't keep up the nonsense) and I doubt he's cheating on you, like you said he's busy with a project.

still... the "who are you with" is ridiculous and I'd consider it a red flag. Has his jealousy and non trust of you shown itself in other ways? Is he controlling at all or isolating you from friends/family?

Archived