Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My journal to help heal.(hopefully!) may contain triggers.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Take heart EMDR can make you mad after. My therapist told me that. That you can feel very strong emotions and rage for a couple days after but it usually resolves .

Now about four years out from my treatment I am a lot better . So take heart .

Silver Member
    Thanks Seraphim. I think it was just a bad week. Mood much better this week. No DPDR at all, i know i've cursed it now. It gives me hope that you got relief in the long term.

Another interview today, went well, massive paycut, literally 50% but the chance to get paid to become a qualified accountant and learn on the job would be too good to turn down.

Getting lots of little jobs done on the house, can't believe its been 2.5 years and still not QUITE finished. Everything is coming together though!

Silver Member
    OK so now i got 2 firms who want me which is great, just need to see those contracts in writing first. Feels like i'm turning the corner after 2 long years in the dark but i know it's not going to be straight forward and there will be ups and downs. It's just nice to feel somewhat human for the first time since my accident.

Silver Member
    Got offered both the jobs, whooooooo! Decision time.

Good to hear Ninjabib.

I've been following your journey here. Sorry about your accident. You are braver than most people, especially myself.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Great!!!..:::

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by Betterwithout
    Good to hear Ninjabib.

I've been following your journey here. Sorry about your accident. You are braver than most people, especially myself.
    I believe we don't know how strong we are until we have to find out. Same goes for everyone. Thank you for your well wishes and you also Seraphim.

The one job have lowballed me. In the interview they offered me pay range X-Y. I said i will accept Y, no lower as it's already less than half my previous salary. They said ok. Sent me the contract and offered me X. I advised this was already rejected and it's ok if they need to take a few days to think about it and reconsider. I havent heard back so i assume they are pulling out. I still have the other job which confirmed all details including salary as agreed so not to worry!

Been out of work for aorund 7 weeks now. So bored!! Can't wait to get stuck in. The other job doesnt start till April 29th so just need to get through ther next few weeks.

Silver Member
    My preferred job came back and said they will give me Y once i pass 6 months probation and have put it in writing so i've agreed to go there. Hope i'm not making a big mistake as this hasnt got off to the best of starts already.

Silver Member
    HAd my first therapy session in 3 weeks yesterday which was good because it shows i don't need to go everyweek anymore and i didn't particularly miss it.

I will still keep going though. My accident gave me PTSD, anxiety, depression and DPDR. Out of all those i would say i now only have anxiety. MY day to day mood and life is much improved over the last month which is awesome. So from now on he's going to help me work through my anxiety which i'm looking forward too.

MY job situation is getting worse, i got a new one but they keep postponing the start date. I now am meant to start ina months time which menas another month of mortgage/bills etc etc payments and no money for another month. In real danger of losing my home so i've got an appointment coming up with the bank to see what can be done. It looks likely that i will either have to sell up or move out and rent my home, neither of which i want to do but sometimes in life we don't have a choice and no matter what i will live to fight another day.

Silver Member
    Had my first DPDR episode in about a month yesterday, thankfully it only last a minute or so. Just so glad it didn't kick in and remain with me all day like it used. Life is slowly getting better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice