Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One night stand with coworker now pregnant

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    A responsible adult would know what the potential consequences can be with having unprotected sex. With that said they're both equally responsible for the use of birth control. If she chooses to go through with the pregnancy, why should he be off the hook with regards to paying child support?
    I’m not saying he should be off the hook with paying child support. But people are mentioning “adoption” and “abortion” on here, as if they’re a walk in the park, they’re two very hard decisions to make, a lot harder than you think, so I’m just stating that there’s an alternative choice if she can’t/doesn’t want to give the baby up. Sometimes (more than sometimes) people get pregnant by mistake- even older, responsible, even married adults do sometimes, actually they do more than you think, it’s not always planned. So as a single woman who isn’t getting a good response from the sperm donor (for lack of a better word), she is able to have and raise the baby on her own- with or without child support. And if he continues to be a chump, she shouldn’t waste her life worrying about him and just have a nice life with her baby. I’m speaking from a single -woman-who-doesn’t-receive-child-support -point-of-view (although he’s supposed to pay) — it’s tough out there, but she can do it on her own if she chooses. Sometimes bad situations turn into good situations— this could be the best thing that ever happened to her! I’m trying to be positive about the situation.

Use condoms, get STD testing, stop catfishing and look for a new job.
    Originally Posted by Kpashw
    She met a guy at work they started messaging each other she met him at his place they had sex. Now.shes pregnant. "i didnt cum in you i pulled out i was sober".

What should she do?

Your friend needs to take responsibility, she is the one who got pregnant, she is the one who slept with a guy she barely knew who wasn't her boyfriend and she is the one who didn't use condoms.

Yes, I know he was just as bad, but he's not going to be her boyfriend or the baby's father no matter how loudly she cries.
    She's going to have to accept that.

If she has this baby, it will be her alone raising it. She can get him to pay for child support once the baby is here, but there is nothing else she is going to get from him.

ndk said:
    Today 12:17 AM
    If it is you, it sucks you feel to write in third-person to avoid personal unnecessary judgement and criticism, sorry this happened and whatever you (or your friend) decide, stay strong. There's nothing anyone here can say to change your mind because it is your own decision that you (or your friend) strongly feel

Ndk it is my friend. My best friend at that and she was drunk im sure of that because i was with her before she got dropped off at his house. Now thats no exscuse but knowing her she wouldnt willingly not use a condom. She has 3 kids already. But she asked me what i would do or what i thought and i had to ask other people seeing as though ive never been in this situation

The real victim here is the unborn baby...sad.

DaisyMayPorter is right on the money. I too am a single mom of 3, raised them all on my own with no help from their 'sperm donor' or anyone else. They were all 'oopsie babies' and I was with their father for 9 years. I was also on the pill when I got pregnant with 2 of them.

None of you know the circumstances this woman got pregnant. She could have been on some kind of prophylactic, but you are all so quick to judge, you just assume she wasn't. Like she was out looking to get pregnant and did this on purpose. This man, whom you are all dismissing, was out cheating on his family that he wants back with so badly. I don't see any of you attacking his disgusting character or the fact that he wasn't smart enough to make sure he used a condom when he's running around on the first baby mama.

This poor woman has enough stress to deal with. She knows she made a mistake, she is living with it everyday. She's not asking for your judgment and criticism, she's just looking for some advice to possibly help relieve some of the stress. I can't believe how many of you were so eager to judge and criticize. I'm ashamed for you. Faith in humanity lost again.

Please tell your friend that she will only stress herself and the baby out by continuing to try to get that lowlife involved. She can send him updates through email, the reason I say email is because then there is a paper trail. I would get a paternity test as soon as she is able to, if he refuses get it court ordered. Sometimes they can do it while you're still pregnant now when they do the amniocentesis. Get everything done through the courts.

Gold Member
    This thread started over 2 months ago. I wonder what the OP's friend decided to do?

I would like to know

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice