Give up or not

Smokey14151

Hey guys, it’s been a while. I’ve been kinda out of the dating world for a while and finally decided to get back into it. I wanted my first one to mean something, so I waited a while and finally asked this beautiful girl for her number. I’m pretty sure I rushed things a little too much. We texted only for a night before I asked her out (about 7or 8 text), so not a lot. She threw up some cover and said her best friend had come down from a different state “she is staying all week”. It’s spring break for me and her currently. I ended the conversation by saying I will see her in class on Monday. My question is if this is time for me to move on and look elsewhere or if I can still text her and maybe try for another date after spring break? If so should I wait long or text back pretty soon? Some advice on handling things like this and about how long to wait before asking a girl out on a date, for future reference would be much appreciated.

Ok, be friendly, but lay back a bit. You left it on good terms. Wait a while and contact her after the break to say hi and be more casual and ask to go for drinks/coffee. lower the pressure. If she accepts or comes up with more being busy then you have your answer

She threw up some cover and said her best friend had come down from a different state “she is staying all week”. It’s spring break for me and her currently. I ended the conversation by saying I will see her in class on Monday.

If she's making an excuse to get out of a date, she's not interested. Women who are interested in you HAVE TO SEE YOU.

Next time go a little slower for best results. If it's a woman in class, wait for her to ask you out. If she's got a crush on you (and that's what you want), she will.

We date to get the person around us so that they might fall in love with us. If they are in class, they are already around you on a regular basis, there is no need to date until they can't stay away from you.

She may be shy, tickled, nervous, distracted with her friend visiting etc. There are any number of reasons why she didn't offer you an alternative time to meet up. You're both young and not altogether with it or as experienced. Cut her and yourself some slack.

I'd say something like, "Sure, no problem. Let's catch up after spring break."

Don't rush to meet her during the break. She's busy. Enjoy your break!

Lay off a bit and then when you see her in class after the break walk up to her after class and say "I was going to go get a coffee/tea, would you like to join me?" See what she says.

There are those that will tell you to forget it because she didn't say yes the first time, but she didn't say No I am not interested either. You have zero to lose by asking again and possibly everything to gain.

Try and slow down a bit and read the woman's enthusiasm, interest in you personally and length of responses to you when texting or talking.

Lost

Lay off a bit and then when you see her in class after the break walk up to her after class and say "I was going to go get a coffee/tea, would you like to join me?" See what she says.

There are those that will tell you to forget it because she didn't say yes the first time, but she didn't say No I am not interested either. You have zero to lose by asking again and possibly everything to gain.

Try and slow down a bit and read the woman's enthusiasm, interest in you personally and length of responses to you when texting or talking.

Lost

I like this answer.

Lost

I like this, only I'd wait a while before asking her to join you. This will allow you to read her interest--whether she's backing off or engaging you.

Chasing turns women off. A lot of women say they like a guy to show a lot of interest but it rarely ever ends well for the guy if he does.

You need to invest less in the beginning both to save yourself heartache down the line and to avoid her losing interest through trying too hard. In my experience, females have a sixth sense for desperation/neediness and you should definitely avoid pushing this idea of needing an instant positive response from her.

As lostandhurt said, she didn't blow you off so play it by ear. Let her reach out to you and then take that as a sign that within a few message exchanges, she's ready for you to suggest another date to meet up.

Archived