LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 months with a cold?!

Originally Posted by Skatterbunny
    I had fatigue for almost nine months and could barely keep my Job, had test after test ...They finally found out I had post viral fatigue from glandular fever. They said if it lasted more than a year it would be declared chronic fatigue and I just had to wait til it went away. Have you been tested for that? I assumed I had been but the doctor had missed it. Hope you feel better soon.
    The times Iíve been to docs they have just checked my throat, nose, ears, chest, the usual stuff and just say itís an upper respiratory tract infection. They havenít flagged my symptoms as anything serious tbh. And it probably isnít. Itís just so frustrating feeling like this every day because I know itís not normal. Thank you! I hope you donít deal with any form of fatigue anymore!

You see no connection between your fatigue and financially supporting a recovering addict?
    Originally Posted by feelingbetter9
    my partner has had loads of support for his addiction and has been clean for 4 months now. I was asking for advice about my illness not judgments on my relationship which this post isnít about.

Lack of sunshine will cause fatigue and malaise not to mention it is dangerous for your long term health. I hope you'll feel better very soon. I had bronchitis for 4 mos last year and felt like dying! Perhaps get a more thorough blood test to see if your blood is telling you there is more to not feeling well than a cold. As for diet, drastically change your diet. Cut out all sugar and refined processed carbs.

Platinum Member
    Because you have many of Lyme's symptoms and only get a small window of time to kill it, I took the liberty of reprinting your PM to me:

"Hi,
    No I havenít! To be honest I need to go back to the docs to see if something is going on but just feel like Iíll get fobbed of again. I donít want to make a big deal out of it, I just want to feel better. Iíll look an appointment and see what they say. :)"

Get tested ASAP!

Because Lyme's bacteria (Borrelia Burgdorferi) only stay in the blood for a short time before "screwing" themselves into every cell in the body, including bone and nerves. The window of killing them with a proper course of antibiotics is finite.

The length of time the antibiotics are taken is critical. To kill all the spirochetes, it can NEVER be below ten days! If a doctor suggest anything less, get up and leave that fools office. In my opinion, fourteen days is the minimum.

[Register to see the link]

Btw, I have a friend who knew she had been bitten, had the symptoms and her doctor told her she could stop taking the antibiotics after nine days. She's now a cripple.
    The Doctor's reasoning? "We don't have Lyme's down here." (Georgia 2006)

P.S, I think Z-paks are the main cause of super-bugs.
    Last edited by Lester; 03-21-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Lol remind me never to PM you.
    Originally Posted by Lester
    I took the liberty of reprinting your PM to me:

Originally Posted by feelingbetter9
    I did speak to a pharmacist inbetween appointments as itís a challenge getting one unless itís urgent in the uk. He did say I should take antihistamines which I did every day for 3 weeks and didnít see a difference so I stopped.
    Might be worth taking again, Iíll try anything at this point!
    Antihistamines work on different prongs. One kind may not help at all, while another works wonders. Consult with another pharmacist and tell her or him which one you've tried and get a recommendation for another. You can combine it with using a nasal saline to clear your passages before also using a nasal antihistamine in addition to an oral one.

You're the only person who can invest in your own care. It makes no sense to throw up your hands and say you've done everything when you have not even invested in learning what 'everything' means. And it also makes no sense to ask for advice and then call the people who've invested time in looking into contributing factors as 'judgmental'.

That seems to be a trolling theme on these boards lately.

Agree. The cry for help followed by flaming responses seems to be the theme lately.
    Originally Posted by catfeeder
    It makes no sense to throw up your hands and say you've done everything when you have not even invested in learning what 'everything' means. And it also makes no sense to ask for advice and then call the people who've invested time in looking into contributing factors as 'judgmental'. That seems to be a trolling theme on these boards lately.

Originally Posted by catfeeder
    Antihistamines work on different prongs. One kind may not help at all, while another works wonders. Consult with another pharmacist and tell her or him which one you've tried and get a recommendation for another. You can combine it with using a nasal saline to clear your passages before also using a nasal antihistamine in addition to an oral one.

You're the only person who can invest in your own care. It makes no sense to throw up your hands and say you've done everything when you have not even invested in learning what 'everything' means. And it also makes no sense to ask for advice and then call the people who've invested time in looking into contributing factors as 'judgmental'.

That seems to be a trolling theme on these boards lately.
    Advice Iím grateful to get but seems a little unnecessary for anyone to comment on my relationship and sexual health when it genuinely has nothing to do with my cold.
    And itís ironic that you would call the way I responded as Ďtrollingí bizarre really. Tbh itís put me off using this forum again.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Agree. The cry for help followed by flaming responses seems to be the theme lately.
    If you think making assumptions on my relationship and sexual health isnít judgemental then youíre deluded. Thanks for proving that this forum isnít really a safe zone and actually a place to point the finger. Completely puff off using this again. So yeah Iím done. Thanks.

It's unfortunate that you see no connection to chronic fatigue and supporting a recovering addict. It's also unfortunate that you see no connection between "flu like symptoms" and many of the STDs including those without overt symptoms such as hep b, c, hiv and many others that may be chronic and undetected. Suggesting a work up that includes these possibilities is not judgmental but rather, logical.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice