LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She Doesnít give compliments!

She Doesnít give compliments!

So, Iíve been with my new girlfriend for the best part of six months and not once and I mean once has she ever given me a compliment about anything. Iím always giving her compliment even if itís just how beautiful she looks. Iím only complaining because I know she wasnít like this with a lad sheís known for years, sheís let me read some of their messages from last year and it was all her giving him compliments eg. How fit he was or how hot he looked when he was going on a night out. Is it just me being weird or what?!? She doesnít even say she misses me when we arnt together but she was always saying she missed him and wanted to see him. Iím confused. Anybody help??

Platinum Member
    I donít think this is the right relationship for you. We all have different love languages and needs that need to be fufilled.
    Comparing yourself to another guy is not helping your insecurities so I would stop looking at their past messages and asking about him.

If you feel this relationship is not fulfilling where you are validated enough I suggest finding someone whose compatible with your needs.

We all need someone to give us a boost and think the world of us.

Why would you want what they had between each other stuck in your head like a movie? It's okay to ask, in general, what a person's dating history has been just to get an idea if a person is capable of a long term relationship if that's what your goal is, or to make sure the reason wasn't as bad as cheating on her part to gauge her ethics. Don't ever get into the details beyond that, however, and don't bring the subject up again. There's a reason the person is in the past and you need to concentrate on the present and future with a partner.

Have you ever asked her why she fails to compliment you and fails to say she misses you? Why not ask to get some insight? Tell her those sweet words are important to you, and if she cares she will want to please you and make sure you're happy in the relationship. If she doesn't care, she will ignore the request, or will do it in a lame way that's without emotion, and then you should walk away.

The purpose of dating is to find out who is right for you and who isn't. If you find yourself regularly upset and frustrated and communication hasn't fixed anything, admit you're not compatible and move on.

Platinum Member
    I think you should move on. This does not sound good.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Andrina
    Why would you want what they had between each other stuck in your head like a movie? It's okay to ask, in general, what a person's dating history has been just to get an idea if a person is capable of a long term relationship if that's what your goal is, or to make sure the reason wasn't as bad as cheating on her part to gauge her ethics. Don't ever get into the details beyond that, however, and don't bring the subject up again. There's a reason the person is in the past and you need to concentrate on the present and future with a partner.

Have you ever asked her why she fails to compliment you and fails to say she misses you? Why not ask to get some insight? Tell her those sweet words are important to you, and if she cares she will want to please you and make sure you're happy in the relationship. If she doesn't care, she will ignore the request, or will do it in a lame way that's without emotion, and then you should walk away.

The purpose of dating is to find out who is right for you and who isn't. If you find yourself regularly upset and frustrated and communication hasn't fixed anything, admit you're not compatible and move on.
    I don't think one should have to ask. It's kinda like asking someone to say they are sorry, but it is not sincere if you have to ask for it. It should come naturally.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Makes me feel better knowing Iím not being weird as men donít usually take any notice but from my last relaltionships Iíve always had compliments and this one is completely different.

Iíll give you another scenario from a few weeks back.

She took half day off from work and said to me sheís not gone in and working from home so I said oh Iíll come round then and we can have a bit of fun while nobody is in (her dad lives with her, sheís 31) she said no to that idea but I read not even a year ago that she was on half day and she said to this lad come round while nobody is in and use and abuse me. I honestly felt like crap after reading just that bit alone because here she is telling me no and last year she was begging him to come to hers. Iím seriously thinking about finishing it with her because itís all one sided anyway in the first instance and says she has walls up but she doesnít have walls up where heís concerned and all I can think about is, is sheís saying to herself ďheís not Rob (the guys nameĒ and thatís why Iím not getting any feedback. Iím certainly not used to this, I was with my ex for 11 years and finished with her (sheís was cheating on me) end of August last year and we have eachother compliments all the time. Do any of you think I should test her or just lay it out and ask why donít you give me compliments like one of you said?

Platinum Member
    It''s not just about the compliments. The relationship sounds one-sided, and that she simply isn't into you. I follow people's actions, and hers show that she is not invested. Unfortunately, you sound like you are a rebound.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 03-17-2019 at 03:09 AM.

It is very one sided like Iíve mentioned. Sheís says she wouldnít be with me if she wasnít attracted to me but she gives me nothing to prove she is attracted to me other than an occasional kiss every now and again.

Platinum Member
    I don't understand why you stick around?

I donít understand why either. Maybe in the back of my mind Iím thinking she will change as itís still only early days and she might be like she was with him one day 🤔

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice