LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dry Spell

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    You can't speak for other people or what they will feel or should feel. That's disrespectful to them.

I'm just talking about the sensation here. Like they can't use the excuse that I'm preop, so can't satisfy them like a man could, since there is a tool(strap on) to rectify that.

It's the same reason why you prefer women to men. Why can you have your preferences, but they can't have theirs?

I like both. Just after my experiences with men, it seems they just want sex, and I want sex and long term.

When you are on dating apps, do you present yourself as a man looking for women?
    Yes, I do.

You've only answered the third question, not the second one: You have your preferences. Why can't people have theirs?

Have you considered that this in itself limits your possibilities in the dating world no matter what you are presenting as or looking for?
    Originally Posted by bigenderme
    I have an eleven year old, and I'm pregnant.

You've only answered the third question, not the second one: You have your preferences. Why can't people have theirs?
    No, I didn't.

You can't speak for other people or what they will feel or should feel. That's disrespectful to them.

I'm just talking about the sensation here. Like they can't use the excuse that I'm preop, so can't satisfy them like a man could, since there is a tool(strap on) to rectify that.

It's the same reason why you prefer women to men. Why can you have your preferences, but they can't have theirs?

I like both. Just after my experiences with men, it seems they just want sex, and I want sex and long term.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Have you considered that this in itself limits your possibilities in the dating world no matter what you are presenting as or looking for?
    I wouldn't think so, as the women I message who ignore me or the ones where the conversation goes nowhere, have children, too.

I'm just talking about the sensation here. Like they can't use the excuse that I'm preop, so can't satisfy them like a man could, since there is a tool(strap on) to rectify that. I like both. Just after my experiences with men, it seems they just want sex, and I want sex and long term.
    Of course they can use that excuse. You can only speak for yourself and your experience. Maybe for you, a strap on and a penis are exactly the same sensation and experience. Everyone does not have the same body, same nerve endings, same perception as you do.

People have different preferences based upon these factors and others

Just think of a preference that is unrelated to sex: drinking water. I prefer to drink my water at room temperature. But if I'm offering a glass of water to my guest, I would serve it to their preference. I wouldn't insist that room-temperature water is the same as chilled water, or water with ice.

Others are entitled to their preferences.

You still didn't answer the question. You just reiterated your preference.

Why are you allowed to have a preference, but other people can't? Why should other people alter their preferences to match yours?

Of course they can use that excuse. You can only speak for yourself and your experience. Maybe for you, a strap on and a penis are exactly the same sensation and experience. Everyone does not have the same body, same nerve endings, same perception as you do.

People have different preferences based upon these factors and others

Just think of a preference that is unrelated to sex: drinking water. I prefer to drink my water at room temperature. But if I'm offering a glass of water to my guest, I would serve it to their preference. I wouldn't insist that room-temperature water is the same as chilled water, or water with ice.

Others are entitled to their preferences.

You still didn't answer the question. You just reiterated your preference.

Why are you allowed to have a preference, but other people can't? Why should other people alter their preferences to match yours?
    If I found a guy that wanted long term, I wouldn't have a preference either way, is what I'm saying.

Okay, the water analogy makes sense. But surely there has to be someone else out there who likes room temperature water. Or sees their significant other as a personality outside of gender, so that how they're satisfied pales in comparision to intimacy shared with that person.

I have an eleven year old, and I'm pregnant.
    This could be one reason why there are not too many people interested right now. Not many people would be overly keen to get involved with someone who is pregnant and take on responsibility for a child who is not theirs, no matter what their sexual history/preferences etc.

Originally Posted by Capricorn3
    This could be one reason why there are not too many people interested right now. Not many people would be overly keen to get involved with someone who is pregnant and take on responsibility for a child who is not theirs, no matter what their sexual history/preferences etc.
    But people do date people with kids... Pregnancy is an intimate and demanding time. No matter how matter-of-fact the pregnant person, an onlooker may well think: "Oh my goodness, pregnant! That is a lot to handle."

Originally Posted by IAmFCA
    But people do date people with kids... Pregnancy is an intimate and demanding time. No matter how matter-of-fact the pregnant person, an onlooker may well think: "Oh my goodness, pregnant! That is a lot to handle."
    Oh course people date people with kids. I am aware of that. I'm just saying that not too many people will be overly keen from the get-go to get involved with someone who is pregnant. Many could be thinking about the how much the father is involved and then it just all becomes too much "trouble" etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice