Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girlfriend was unfaithful with her kidsí father

Her and her kidsí father have not been together for way before we got together 3 years ago. She did cheat on me. She said she regrets her decision and I believe her. We were together for over a year and then we split up for awhile because I was actually a fool and left because things got hard. We got back together and everything was great. We made all these plans and we were even talking about buying a house. I know I canít justify her cheating but I do believe her that it wonít happen again. Iím willing to stay with her because I love her. I know itís a risk of getting my heart shattered in the end but Iím willing to risk it. I believe the risk is definitely worth the reward of spending my life with her if we can work this out.

I believe the risk is definitely worth the reward of spending my life with her if we can work this out.
    Well, you seem to have it all worked out then. Good luck being able to relax when she's not with you and she brings the baby over to meet his/her bio dad.

You have rough road ahead of you if neither of you are willing to get the guidance from a professional that would give her the boundaries she needs to keep her out of his bed and the emotional and mental tools you are going to need to help you to learn how to trust her again.

Why did you break up with her the first time? What ' got hard'?

If you're going to stay with her I recommend couples therapy, doing a full STD scan and always ask for paternity tests if you decide to have children together and she gets pregnant again.

Platinum Member
    The probability that you will two will spend the rest of your lives together is extremely low, OP.

Brace yourself for being left in the dust once the baby is born and they're immersed in the fuzzy love that comes with adding to their family. You are more than likely going to find yourself excluded from that, by both her and the tot's dad.

Sorry, man. This isn't going to end well for you.

Platinum Member
    I wonder how you'll feel when it's time for her to have the baby and her ex is in the room holding her hand while she pushes.

Have you even thought about how you'll work out co-parenting with the baby's father? HE will have all the rights to the child and they will be connected for an additional 18 years (legally) and forever (sharing yet another child).

It's easy to say in theory you can handle all that, but the reality is going to "get hard".

Honestly I would leave. This is not gonna end well.

Speaking only for myself, there's no way I'd stay with someone who cheated one time--so there's no point in counting. Dumping wouldn't be a punitive move, it's would be practical, because I wouldn't want to live through an eggshell walk of forever waiting for the next time my partner gets lusty for the ex.

If you opt to put up with this, good luck. I'd suggest professional counseling, because I wouldn't know how to tell you how to live 'around' the big elephant in the room.

"I do still trust her"

Really? Why on earth would you trust a woman who not only cheated on you but went raw dog and got pregnant and now wants you to raise all of this guys kids? I can only imagine that any children she has in the future will also not be yours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice