LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it normal : class meeting about absent classmate

Platinum Member
    Wow this school really sucks, you should consider moving him to another school.

That being said, I would keep an eye on your kid. I was bullied for first 3 years of my elementary school, and whenever it would be brought up my bully was never dealt with. His parents always have seen him as a good kid and my school had virtually none anti bullying policies. I always tough his parents were an ahole unitll I grew up and kids that spent time with him said that he was always a mamas boy, he was basically an angel at home, but would go wild when he was at school.

Originally Posted by KootenayBoy
    That's the process I'm in right now with the advocate and jumping the hoops. And I was bullied brutally a a kid, and would not wish that on anyone, so it's always been taught to him.

And he is not an angry kid I find that the most ludicrise accusation of all I live with him and am the disciplinarian I've seen him loose it and its rare.

I suspect it's more that the idea of anger is different, I raise my voice etc as where most parents of this school don't believe in that kind of thing. At the open house for the school before it opened their kids are running through the isles grabbing everything throwing them around etc

We sat listening to the administration giving their speaches etc I should have registered right there.

They were supposed to have been giving him access to the counselor after the issues with a teacher a couple months ago, never happened guess this is not the right school for him.

Fighting with them will just be draining and pointless, and probably just make his life worse after the last time I complained is when all of a sudden he was a problem. Until then only good reviews.
    I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time thinking that any school would behave in the manner that you are describing but I'm a stranger on the internet and what does what I believe and not believe really matter?

That being said, I agree with Wiseman (and what I suggested as well)... I think you would do well to put your son in a new school where he will hopefully adjust much better socially from being home schooled. I also agree that perhaps getting him into child therapy where he can vent to an unbiased listening ear. I'm sure the adjustment from the divorce and then from home school to public school is a lot for a 10 year old to have to adjust to. It wouldn't hurt for him to get outside guidance regardless.

Good luck and kudos to you for advocating for your son. Too many wouldn't do anything much about any of it.

Holding a class meeting about one student is not just indiscreet, it's public ridicule and you may have a civil case for defamation. Regardless, I'd pull my kid from such a school, and if the problems follow him to the next school, the common denominator would be my kid.

We can't assume that kids behave in school the way they behave at home. Nobody's an open book to their parents, so I'd keep that in mind even as I consult a school therapist for advisement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice