Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single parents dating

Our messages were meaningful to me so yes, I wanted to say that

Platinum Member
    You met him once and then made out with him for an hour in his car.

Uh.

Is he still married? He seems awfully busy, except to sneak away last minute to kiss in his car for an hour. Do you homework. Google could be your friend here. Also use common sense.
    Originally Posted by Afireblue
    I met this guy online, we both are looking for a relationship, exchanged long, meaningful emails, met 1.5 months ago in person and heat it off.
    Works a lot, travels for work. After our first meeting we planned to meet up but he kept being busy and cancelled, then traveled, kept being busy with work, kids, etc.

After a month of texting back and forth and flirting with each other he phoned me one night that he wanted to sneak a kiss as he was in my neighborhood and I agreed. I saw him for 1 hour in his car and we kissed.

4. 03-15-2019, 07:37 AM
    Reason
    Flaming/Personal attack

Originally Posted by luminousone
    Hmm. I guess I am skeptical but I do wonder if he is still married.
    - bingo, he's married.

This is someone else's husband who is bored and using you for a side piece.

Delete, block.

I have been left very disappointed when I have had hopes that I had met someone special and found out that was not the case. :í( Iím so sorry youíre going through this. I think rejection is one of the most painful emotions there is. You sound like a very intelligent and caring woman.You are worthy!! of a man who makes time for you during appropriate hours. I will be praying for you this week, for hope and healing. You are not alone.

LHGirl, I appreciate your feedback, however at this point I've been playing this game for a few weeks now and simply busy wasn't that logical. I knew in my heart that something wasn't right.

Originally Posted by LHGirl
    OK, not quite the hair-trigger response I was alluding to in my post #4, but it's done now. Now, there will be no way to know if he's simply busy, or whatever.

It was more than that Honeycomb8

Snflwrgrl, Thank you for your kind words and prayers and yes, that is exactly how I felt. I thought he was special, we had a lot in common, I just didn't want to invest more emotionally if he wasn't meeting me there. Last night when I received his response I felt hurt, but also relieved that there would not be more expectations on my part that he would make the effort and make time for me. I am free

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Afireblue
    Snflwrgrl, Thank you for your kind words and prayers and yes, that is exactly how I felt. I thought he was special, we had a lot in common, I just didn't want to invest more emotionally if he wasn't meeting me there. Last night when I received his response I felt hurt, but also relieved that there would not be more expectations on my part that he would make the effort and make time for me. I am free
    This is a healthy response. You hoped things would turn out differently but you are accepting that they will not.

The only thing I would caution you about is if you start feeling lonely or "miss" his texts, please do not re-text him telling him you think you were a bit hasty and you'd like to continue. Because the end result would still be the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice