Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why so quiet?

Just a quick summary to some of the questions.

I don't text her a ton. Messaged her like once a day, usually later in the day because I'm pretty busy myself.

She asked me to get together with her right after we met up unplanned. It got canceled because she had to take someone elses shift (uncontrollable circumstance). She was supposed to be off at 6:00pm but then had to stay until close (was legit she was snapchatting me lol).

As far as experience I've dated a couple girls in the past, both for a decent amount of time (1.5 years, and 2.5 years), split up with both relationships due to me moving far away. Thats kind of why I wanted to wait to pursue someone until I settled down. I also had "things" with multiple others. This girl now is a 180 from all of them over the phone lol.

Once again in person she was a riot and we vibed very well, and the times we did talk about seeing each other again over text she was VERY adamant of doing so. Like it wasn't "sure I'll see what I'm doing." She said "Yes! I'm only free Tuesday night though, I hope that works?"

Most girls who did this I would just pass on no questions asked. But this ones tough lol

Thanks again everyone. I appreciate all of your input. All my buddies tell me well just f*** and leave but honestly I'm not into that like most guys my age.

Gold Member
    So, send her a message on say Saturday/Sunday and say "Hope you are feeling better, can I take you out on Tuesday night for dinner?"

And don't send another one unless she replies.

And if she says yes, just say 'great, what sort of food do you want to eat?"

She'll either tell you, or tell you to choose, and your next text is 'I have made a reservation at X restaurant at 7, looking forward to seeing you there!'

Make it somewhere close to where she is to keep it easy, and don't send her any more texts in the meantime.

Platinum Member
    And stop with the daily texts.

Bronze Member
    'I can't believe you people who are telling him to stop being 'insecure' or 'unbearable'. This SUCKS! Someone clearing reading your message and deciding not to answer back is extremely frustrating and rude! Some of you people clearly have never been left on read.'

Thank you.

And this is from someone born in 1970. Being left on read IS extremely frustrating and rude. And no woman truly interested in a man will ever leave him on read. And re: good morning texts.. what's wrong with those? I find them sweet.

OP.. she's not all that interested in you I'm afraid. She just didn't want to come out and say it - who would? 'Do you like me?' 'Ehm. No. Sorry'. She's showing you with her behaviour that she's not into you enough to date you. One spontaneous night of talking, she kind of went with the flow but..isn't interested in continuing.. Sorry. :(

Thanks everyone.

The last two nights we ended up meeting up. Two nights ago she came over to my place too and we talked until like 4am. I eventually got a answer out of her ha. I asked, "so can you just be strait up with me, I don't know you all that well yet, but am I waisting my time here? Not that im head over heals or in love, I just am interested in getting to know you?".

The first thing she told me was "well obviously I wouldn't be here if I didn't like you." Then she got really serious and went into detail about how there are some things I need to "know" about her. It sounds like she was ran though the ringer, assulted, and treated very poorly by guys in the past. She told me she shes sorry but she just puts on a strong guard, and don't think I'm waisting my time because shes interested.

So that's that.

Thanks again everyone.

Gold Member
    I'd interpret that as "please take this slowly so I know I can trust you".

Act accordingly. Maybe don't smother her? Its a fine line but talk more so you know how much communication she wants.

Good for you getting some direct communication going.

Forsure.

I'm going to pullout of talking to her until the weekends over unless she talks to me first. Then try to make plans for dinner with her on Monday. Once the plans are made, lay off again and see how it goes.

I did message her this morning an application for a trip for class I'm going on that she told me she wanted to go on too (after she found out I was going).

I think you are 100% right there RayRay63. Thanks for the advice.

I'm not sure what it is about this girl compared to the others but she just really interests me. Hopefully I can lay off enough, and not be too much of a nice guy lol.

Thanks

I sent her that application. Left on read. Ha

It may not be a good idea to play these pickup artist games on someone who just confided in you that she is broken and damaged. Why not date more intact women? Don't be a jerk like this. Let a "nice guy" treat her right. She doesn't need more bs just because she's an easy target. Find yourself somebody else easy and stupid to practice these lame PUA techniques on. Play fair. be decent.
    Originally Posted by Trolly
    I'm going to pullout of talking to her until the weekends over unless she talks to me first.

Then try to make plans for dinner with her on Monday. Once the plans are made, lay off again and see how it goes.

Hopefully I can lay off enough, and not be too much of a nice guy

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Trolly
    I sent her that application. Left on read. Ha
    So wait for her to get back to you on her schedule.

Wiseman is right, though, don't game her. Its disrespectful, particularly after she felt safe to confide in you.

As I said before, "talk more so you know how much communication she wants" - after she gets back to you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice