Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texting & Relationship Anxiety

I'm not certain she knows what to do with your affectionate nature or might even find it disingenuous or forced/routine most of the time. She may also be perceptive enough to sense that you need a large amount of it in order to feel loved or appreciated and so finds herself in an awkward position of having to reciprocate when it's really not something she would normally do at this stage or ever (not her style).

I'd say take things a little more slowly and don't put these type of expectations on each other. I don't think there's anything wrong with the way you enjoy pet names or affections but it's not going to come naturally for everyone. I'm generally not a good recipient of pet names and prefer if people get my name correct the first time.

Take her cue and see where it leads if you enjoy each others' company. If you stop saying it, would she notice for example?

Do you make calls or videochats? Try to set up times for that. Texting is rather impersonal, boring and lame. Rather than complain or insist on more emotion, step up your communication style and method and visit more often.
    Originally Posted by gudzippo
    I'm the more lovey dovey, soppy like cute texts kind of guy.

Bronze Member
    OP,

I get it. I totally do. I was exactly like you when I was dating. I needed pet names and beautiful words and constant communication. I was constantly overthinking and catastrophising. 'Why hasn't he texted yet?? It's 11 am!!'.

Thing is though, you WILL come across as needy and yes, pathetic, if you impose your communication style onto her.

So if I were you I'd wait for her to initiate the texting. Suffer in silence, so to speak, and in the meantime try and find activities to distract you and keep you busy.

Personally..I've always found a certain level of neediness appealing in a partner.

Bronze Member
    Mare,

Please be sure to remember to be VERY VERY VERY VEEERRYYYYYYY politically correct. Sarcasm. That's all I'm saying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice