Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feeling weird about buying a vibrator...

Omg RayRay and Matt, you guys are awesome.

Iíve got to get my husband to do this 😂😂😂

Silver Member
    I was raised in a culture where sex before marriage was bad and maturbation was a sin...I discovered these good bits very young. And it's embarrassing and dirty. Girls are supposed to be virtuous, sexless. Men had mistresses to do the naughty stuff while their wives were missionary position and sex was for procreation...you've heard all the stories. And it's time to get over it. As I've been out in the dating world with some sexual experiences, people are becoming a bit more open and bold. This is always something that was highly private; not really discussed...we have hangups. The world is shifting to a more openness about these matters.

I understand the embarrassment. Whenever I have made such a purchase, I get a fraud alert from my bank. Thankfully I can manage this online and confirm it's legit...and yeah, embarrassing; my purchases are clocked and noted. The first time I bought myself a handy tool (sexual satisfaction was also lacking in my marriage), I had to go to an actual store. It was a bit mortifying, as they opened up the package and tested it because there are no returns....I kept telling myself, this is their job and they deal with this all day long, every day, and certainly they've encountered way more weird and kinky things beyond a vibrator. Get over it. We have needs.

Just be sure to tuck it away where the kids won't easily find it, and teach them not to go into your drawers or belongings...the night stand is the private drawer, but the sock drawer is fine if you need socks or want them to collect a pair for you. If they're young enough they crawl into bed with you in the night, you have to be diligent about tucking it away before you fall asleep. Enjoy the ride; you'll learn some things about your body, and may find this enhances your sexual life sometime down the road when you're ready to jump in the saddle again.

Try to erase the negative thinking. The four F's, and we are sexual beings, and it's totally okay to cover these needs solo, and the reality is, if you don't know what gets your rocks off by yourself, how can you instruct your partner? If you're busy being embarrassed over a normal function, it makes it very hard to relax and enjoy.

I am only 18 and probably don't really know how you are feeling, but I am a woman and I know we have every right to feel the pleasures of sex or even pleasuring ourselves. There is definitely nothing wrong with that. If you feel having the vibrator in the house with your children is scary get a lock box for it when you are not using it. You have every right to pleasuring yourself.

Girl, get yourself some toys and enjoy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice