Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling weird about buying a vibrator...

Platinum Member
    Give yoursrlf permission to think if it in a positive abd maybe even humorous light.

But do ensure the kids don’t find it.

My ex had one and one of the kids heard her using it in bathroom. Some things are loud. Anyway, the kid insisted on what was going on in bathroom.

She said she had cramps, doing a health thing. You know, white lie?

A few days later the kid found the toy and went eunning through the house talking about her cramps getting fixed as she pressed it “there.”

Locked box!

Platinum Member
    You are young. You gotta do what you gotta do! Use the vibrator!

Why do you think so poorly of yourself?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by jimthzz
    Give yoursrlf permission to think if it in a positive abd maybe even humorous light.

But do ensure the kids don’t find it.

My ex had one and one of the kids heard her using it in bathroom. Some things are loud. Anyway, the kid insisted on what was going on in bathroom.

She said she had cramps, doing a health thing. You know, white lie?

A few days later the kid found the toy and went eunning through the house talking about her cramps getting fixed as she pressed it “there.”

Locked box!
    That's hilarious.

Well, this thread got me thinking. I don't plan on being in another relationship in a while considering what I'm going through now.

So I just ordered several toys for myself. Never had them before, but no shame in it either. I'm a 29 year old male.

I have always been a highly sexual person but as a child, my parents were so repressed that I thought it was a bad thing. I don't remember what the turning point was... perhaps when I got my first toy and realized how good it felt to give myself an orgasm. It took some time and some therapy but I eventually embraced my sexuality and the freedom I felt exploring the different things I like. It helps that I have some girlfriends with dirty minds that support me in that exploration :)

Sexuality is natural and part of who we are. It's one of the 4 F's that come from the oldest part of our brain... Fight, Flight, Food and Fornication. Sexuality is instinctual and while yes we do need to be mindful of how, who, and when... there is nothing wrong with wanting to feel sexy or wanting to have an orgasm! It's a feeling of freedom that's hard to achieve any other way. :)

Originally Posted by indea08
    Is there any particular reason for your negative point of view regarding sexuality?? Why do you think having sexual desires is bad or dirty??

We are human, it’s a healthy part of our nature. I have several toys, kept away in a nightstand, that my daughter has never found. It is NORMAL and HEALTHY to have these desires and you should oblige yourself!! Sex is beautiful, natural, and necessary. It’s how we reproduce, we were intended to have sex. Don’t try to fight that!
    I don't know if it's that I feel dirty about it, but for some reason it feels weird for me to do it when the kids are home, like at night. I don't know...I know it's normal, but maybe it doesn't feel normal for me, but I'm going to attempt to try to fix that...hopefully this is the first step!

Thank you.

Thank you everyone.

I don't know why I've got this view of myself...I've always been the really shy, quiet person...and maybe I've been doing everything for everyone else for so long, it feels weird to actually get something for myself, especially something like that... but I'm going to try to take care of myself, too, now so this is the first step. I'm going to try to enjoy it and find a nice hiding spot for it...lol...

Thank you guys, you did make me feel better about my decision...I'm still a little freaked out about someone finding it, but I'm excited too.

Gold Member
    No, you are not weird.

Get yourself whatever you want to try. Have fun.

It's better than a rebound.

From a guys perspective, I think as a middle aged, single women, it’s more weird if you haven’t got one.

I’ve dated a handful of single mums from 28 to 47 over the last 4 years and all had a viabrator or two and one had over 20!! of various different styles.

Funny story, my ex wife used to send me into adult stores to buy hers (A 40 year old mother of 4) Usually there were men managing the store and really didn’t have much interaction with me. I picked what my ex might like and hoped the manager didn’t think it was for me.

The last time I went to a store, I was shocked to find a very attractive woman serving. I tried to avoid eye contact and look inconspicuous. I was horrified when she asked if she could help me. I reluctantly told her I was shopping for my wife.

Well 30 minutes later I finally left the store with 3 items, but not before having an extensive and very detailed account of what she liked, the positions she used them in and the techniques she used to achieve a more “intense climax” She even put batteries in a few and got me to feel them.

It was a very unusual visit to the Adult store and a very graphic learning experience😳

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Matt0050

The last time I went to a store, I was shocked to find a very attractive woman serving. I tried to avoid eye contact and look inconspicuous. I was horrified when she asked if she could help me. I reluctantly told her I was shopping for my wife.

Well 30 minutes later I finally left the store with 3 items, but not before having an extensive and very detailed account of what she liked, the positions she used them in and the techniques she used to achieve a more “intense climax” She even put batteries in a few and got me to feel them.

It was a very unusual visit to the Adult store and a very graphic learning experience😳
    Same sort of story - I was sent on a mission to acquire a butt-plug. Nice young lady at the shop asked sensible intended use questions, explained the advantages of the one she recommended, and was quite sure that I should get the metal one that went in the dishwasher

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice