Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extremely scared shy guy

I haven't talked to him in weeks.. I avoided him a few days ago when I saw him coming from far away so he wouldn't be uncomfortable. So please dont say that I act the way to make him uncomfortable, because I really try to do everything to comfort him.. The thing is I am suffering. Unrequited love is not the most happy feeling place. But on the other hand I still haven't said it to his face, I have never even with one word or action let him know I want anything else to do with him than being friends so I think maybe I should confess my feelings to him one day, so I will clear any doubt away from my mind, and then move on...

Confessing your feelings only works in the movies. IRL it creeps them out, and makes things real awkward. Just ask him if he wants to hang out sometime if he doesn't want to that's your answer...he's not interested.

I dont want to make it creepy but I know cases where both parties thought the other had no feelings for them and kept their love to themselves. Years later when they were both in commited relationships they confessed their love for each other and that they liked each other back then but no one made a move and now they both deeply regret it...:( i dont want to be in that position ever in my life

Platinum Member
    Honestly. it sounds like in the beginning he didn't respond to you because he really didn't think about you or know you existed aside from being in a class together and you built up in your mind that he desired you and interpreted his every move. He could have just been looking in your direction or could have looked away because you were staring HIM down and its uncomfortable. You don't even know him! I think you need to back off. Who knows - he could have social anxiety or aspergers or he is just fine, and you are simply a level better than a stranger to him. When the guy friend messaged him, he could have had a purpose "hey, do you have those chemistry notes" while you said something that didn't require a response or was a come on.

Focus on guys who you have actually had a conversation with. You may seem like a little bit of a stalker to him and you like him purely on his looks

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Bluemoon007
    I haven't talked to him in weeks.. I avoided him a few days ago when I saw him coming from far away so he wouldn't be uncomfortable. So please dont say that I act the way to make him uncomfortable, because I really try to do everything to comfort him.. The thing is I am suffering. Unrequited love is not the most happy feeling place. But on the other hand I still haven't said it to his face, I have never even with one word or action let him know I want anything else to do with him than being friends so I think maybe I should confess my feelings to him one day, so I will clear any doubt away from my mind, and then move on...
    How do you "comfort" him if you stare at him one day and avoid him the next? You also grill him about where you live or if he saw your Facebook posts. To me, he is clear that he is not interested and you are fantasizing and are borderline being annoying. I am sure there are guys that actually talk to you.

Cute story! Well, you can't just set your sights on the cutest boy in the school and decide to be with him; he has to like you back and have a personality.

Try dating other guys even though you don't feel like it. The best therapy for unrequited love is to find a new love.

I think you'd benefit from a serious reality check and stop listening to the advice your friends are feeding you. You're in la la land and on dangerous territory (harassment). Men often aren't trained to deal with sexual harassment from women but they should be, starting in highschool. I can understand if you are young but now is also a good time to exercise some restraint and control and refocus your energies on your school work. Take a hint and stop pestering him. This is not unrequited love. It's a case of misguided information/missed cues and complete disregard for the wishes of someone else.

Rose Mosse how on earth did I harass him? By being nice to him when i see him? I only talk to him when I see him and the fb message was about school work..I dont understand how that is harassing or dangerous territory.

Platinum Member
    Why do you bother with his guy? He does not sound interested. At all., He also sounds weird.

You have barely even spoken to this guy. How can he be your "true love?" I think that this is more about your ego and the challenge.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Why do you bother with his guy? He does not sound interested. At all., He also sounds weird.

You have barely even spoken to this guy. How can he be your "true love?" I think that this is more about your ego and the challenge.
    I agree completely.

You don't even truly know this guy. You just want what you can't have or perceive to be a challenge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice