GF's Birthday

ranger

So, I've been dating this girl for about a month and a half, and she's my gf now. Her birthday is this weekend, so we're going out with some friends for dinner and drinks. My question is rather simple. Since we've only been going out for a little under 2 months, should I get her something for her birthday, and if so, what? If we'd been together for say, 6 months, I wouldn't have to ask.

You should know enough about her to give her something meaningful and within your budget. It's customary to acknowledge her birthday with something small and it does not have to be expensive at all. You may be overthinking it because you want to impress her. Forget all that and be yourself and go back to the first things that you both shared about each other and/or laughed about. Build from there and keep it simple.

No woman worth her salt would place much (materialistic) importance on a birthday this early into seeing someone. Trust that you're dating a decent person.

Dude id get her a cake and pay for her dinner, depending on how into her you really are, itd probably be cool to take her somewhere alone withOut friends and celebrate a little more. You know what, idk why replied to this, i hate birthdays, theyre stupid. Idk man write her a poem

Ok you're already going to dinner. At 6 weeks of dating a card and flowers before you go out on her birthday is fine. Do not try to over impress or be too cool.

Since we've only been going out for a little under 2 months, should I get her something for her birthday, and if so, what?

As I was reading your post, flowers immediately came to mind. I see others are on the same page... I would like to add my vote to “flowers” :)

Maybe a cupcake.

I agree with the others. The idea is to remember and acknowledge it. It’s about the thought, not the gift.

When one of my exes and I first started dating, we each had a birthday within the first 2 months. For his birthday, I showed up at our date with some helium balloons and a dessert. My birthday was a little later - I came home from work to a gift on my doorstep. It was a very nicely wrapped stuffed animal of something we had joked about and a heartfelt card. Perfect. We went on to have a long relationship.

You guys became a couple at 1.5 months? That's a little fast. Just a little.

Since you guys claim to be a couple and in love already, get her whatever you want for her birthday - the sky is the limit!

He didn't say they were in love. And at 1.5 months, it would be infatuation anyway. I recommend something small. Anything over the top is scary and you might set the bar too high so she starts expecting way too much too soon.

Archived